william morton death cert 1849

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bumping this up for opinions.

still thinking of getting the death in mar qtr 1849 for william morton in west london. my issue with this is: the GRO index gives age as 32, whereas burial on 21 jan 1849, camberwell says 34.

would you get it?

Comment

This does happen. Now we have the age at death for early certificates I have quite a large number (in the order of 10) that vary like this. Some of them with a bigger difference. There could be a number of reasons, the burial and death registration were two different processes .... time for the people (maybe two different?) to change their mind. Also difficulty in transcribing the written age.
      Anne
      Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 17-01-18, 07:24.

Comment

Re place of death - he was bap St Giles and lived with his parents in Bloomsbury 1841 (St Giles Reg Dist)- his nearest hospital would have been University College Hospital in St Giles Reg Dist but if he was taken ill/had accident slightly further east it would be St Barts in West London Reg Dist. His parents had pre-deceased him so if he had relatives still living who had buried his brother in Camberwell, St George, maybe they buried William there too.
        Possible??
        Edit : I see is brother died later so it's possible his brother had him buried in Camberwell.
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 17-01-18, 09:45.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

well, the pdf arrived. still unsure, but probably not him.

william morton d.9 jan 1849, st bartholomew, hospital, west london. age 32, print colourer. cause of death: phthisis. informant: R.H. sparks, occupier, st bartholomew hospital. registered 12 jan 1849.

so age is off, my william (if the burial i have is correct) was 34. my william was a labourer in 1841 and bur. 21 jan 1849. on the other hand i can't see a burial for the william in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
          X