Another Plea for help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Plea for help!

I am helping a friend try to look into his Dads side of the Family, but i have not got very far and i am stuck :( why did i say i would help ?? lol

Anyway here is what i know and hopefully someone out there will be able to fill in some blanks.

Ann Webster Married Derek William Willis. They got married in 1965 in Nottingham and i have today applied for their marriage certificate. in the mean time i have been trying to find the Birth of Derek William Willis.

I know Derek's mother was called May we do not know her surname.

To make it more difficult we are not sure of Dereks fathers name, it may be a long shot but while i am waiting for the marriage certificate which i am hoping will tell me more i want to try and find the following

Dereks Date of Birth, His fathers Name and Mothers Maiden Name.

I have looked on Free BMD for various different things eg a Willis that married a May, i have then looked at those results to see if that marriage resulted in any children called D W Willis but no joy.

I also searched under Willis being the mothers maiden name with no father and still nothing....

Can anyone help or am i just going to have to be patient and wait for this certificate to arrive??

Thanks
    Suzie
    Last edited by smills1979; 11-05-12, 14:25. Reason: removed name

Can you confirm that all the people you have mentioned are now deceased as we do not allow details of living people on the forum.
    Elaine

Comment

Oops sorry removed some info all others are deceased as far as i am aware.

Sorry again

Comment

Thanks Suzie.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by smills1979 View Post
          I am helping a friend try to look into his Dads side of the Family, but i have not got very far and i am stuck :( why did i say i would help ?? lol

Anyway here is what i know and hopefully someone out there will be able to fill in some blanks.

Ann Webster Married Derek William Willis. They got married in 1965 in Nottingham and i have today applied for their marriage certificate. in the mean time i have been trying to find the Birth of Derek William Willis.

I know Derek's mother was called May we do not know her surname.

To make it more difficult we are not sure of Dereks fathers name, it may be a long shot but while i am waiting for the marriage certificate which i am hoping will tell me more i want to try and find the following

Dereks Date of Birth, His fathers Name and Mothers Maiden Name.

I have looked on Free BMD for various different things eg a Willis that married a May, i have then looked at those results to see if that marriage resulted in any children called D W Willis but no joy.

I also searched under Willis being the mothers maiden name with no father and still nothing....

Can anyone help or am i just going to have to be patient and wait for this certificate to arrive??

Thanks
          Suzie
          When did Derek William Willis die? his death record should show his date of birth which you could then use a check point in the index to find his registration.

Margaret

Comment

How about this birth

Derek Willis
            Mother's Maiden Surname: Keetley
            Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1937
            Registration district: Nottingham
            Inferred County: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire
            Volume Number: 7b
            Page Number: 407

and this marriage

Gladys M Keetley
            Spouse Surname: Willis - Leonard W
            Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1937
            Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
            Volume Number: 7b
            Page Number: 663

Middle name May?

Margaret
            Last edited by margaretmarch; 11-05-12, 15:14.

Comment

Although there is this death
              Derek Willis
              Birth Date: abt 1937
              Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1940
              Age at Death: 3
              Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
              Volume: 7b
              Page: 393

so maybe not that couple.

Margaret

Comment

Can't see anything that will help - I think you'll have to wait for the marriage cert :(

Margaret

Comment

Thanks for trying, I had just found that info as well. will be waiting for the postman every day next week lol

Comment

Originally posted by smills1979 View Post
                    Thanks for trying, I had just found that info as well. will be waiting for the postman every day next week lol
                    It's annoying though as you may not be any further forward when you get it as it is too late for censuses to help and not seeing anything in the birth index is puzzling.

Do you know a rough year of birth? what about the death cert?

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                    X