No announcement yet.

SHURMER - family bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am delighted that I have now found the family to whom this bible belongs. It has been returned to its proper home, to someone who's birth was recorded in its pages. A really happy ending to a story that began about 25 years ago when the bible found its way into my possession via a mixed bundle of items at an auction. My grateful thanks to Family Tree Forum for giving me the opportunity to be in touch with a lovely family and to solve the mystery from all those years ago.

Comment

What a great outcome. Well done to you for not giving up on your quest.

I dream of the day someone with as much tenacity and generosity contacts me
      Jackie

Comment

I echo Jackie's reply. ... a really great outcome.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Well done all for for a great result.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Well Done for your generosity and perseverence but it would be nice to know which of the new members was the correct family from the replies here.

Edna

Comment

Edna, we did have a thank you message from the family member who has received the bible, but I think inadvertently it was sent to the admin email account rather than posted as a message on the forum for you all to see. I replied to the person and suggested he/she logged in to thank you personally, which hopefully they will do.
              Elaine

Comment

That's wonderful that you found the right Shurmers, it is great that you took the time and made the effort.

Comment

Anne (AShurmer) has asked me to post this message on her behalf ..

Dear all
                  We are the lucky family that Juliet and this forum helped. My father who will shortly be 88 and is just beginning to have trouble with his memory suddenly mentioned his childhood home. I just had one of the those moments when you desperately feel 'I have got to do everything I can', I logged onto Google typed in the family name and there was Juliet with her Bible. The Bible is quite unique and he remembered it immediately, most importantly the last entry his father wrote was about him. He has talked non-stop.
                  Thank you to all the people that did respond to Juliet because I also found that we have second cousins in America which we are delighted to have.
                  Elaine

Comment

What a wonderful thing! I find my eyes filling up. Something like that is so very important when memory problems start to show up. That's brilliant - fantastic. Thanks to Anne for allowing you to share the message.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                      Anne (AShurmer) has asked me to post this message on her behalf ..
                      I'm so happy it was you!! It is great especially when it has meant so much to him. So I will pass this on to all your new cousins here,They are delighted as well

Comment

So pleased for all concerned: tenacity paid off.

Comment

I wish you the very best for taking the time to return this Bible to the rightful owners, I wish you and yours A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. And for all the Shurmers wherever you all I wish you all you wish yourselves and More!!

Comment

Working...
                          X