Trew Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trew Family

I am trying to find a particular memeber of the Trew family in London around 1850 untill 1880ish

I know the following

George william Henry Trew B 1847 in Bethnal Green, London D:Jun 1878 in Southwark, Surrey, England

George married a Martha Matilda Pocock in 1877 and his son was born in 1878.

I have been unable to find though any census details with George William Henry Trew on and i am hoping someone can help me. i am also intrigued as to how he died so young but i shall have to wait for payday to order that Death certificate!!

Thanks in advance
    Suzie
    Last edited by smills1979; 25-04-12, 17:31.

the marriage is on ancestry: 21 may 1877, st margaret plumstead. george hry wm trew, full age, porter of plumstead, son of thos trew a leather dresser. martha matilda pocock, full age of plumstead, dau of wm pocock a wheel wright. wittnesses: wm and hariette pocock.

Comment

I dont know the geography of south east London but in 1871 Census a George Trew born Whitechapel c1848 is living in Witham with parents Thomas & Mary see RG10/1695/8/7. This George is a Leather Dresser.....maybe a possibility?

Edit: Interesting that Kyle shows father Thomas as a Leather Dresser. Could be on the right track?
      Last edited by AlanC; 26-04-12, 09:03.

Comment

wow alan that's looking good, i couldn't see anything at all, but i didn't think he would have been enumerated with his middle names!

Comment

Thanks both of you, a fresh pair of eyes really does help sometimes.

Suzie

Comment

1861, family is at: waggon and horses, bridge street, witham, essex.

piece 1107, folio 10, page 13.

Comment

having trouble with 1851.....

Comment

Working...
              X