Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: Oxford cemeteries

Hi all,

I would like to offer my services to give transcriptions/photographs for any of the cemeteries in Oxford/Oxfordshire (providing they are not TOO far from me :o )

I would love to help anyone who wants any info!
    Lauren =)

Thanks for the offer Lauren.
    I've added your name to the Research Offers page in the reference library - http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...ffers-Cemetery
    If you want to add anything to define the area a bit more, (e.g. within x miles of ..... ) then let me know and I will add it to the page.
    Elaine

Comment

Oxford cemeteries

I would like to offer my services to give transcriptions/photographs for any of the cemeteries in Oxford/Oxfordshire (providing they are not TOO far from me :o )
      -------------
      Hello Lauren,
      I see your very kind look up offer, is this still on?
      If so please can you look for?

Burials Noyes & Tagg
      William Noyes, d. 10 Jan 1859, at Aged 72 King St, St Peter in East, Oxford
      Elizabeth Noyes, d. 8 Oct 1869.Aged 77.King St, St Peters in the East
      His Son
      John Noyes, d. 6 Jan 1852, at Age 35 Kings St, St Peter in the East, Oxford
      They may be in the same grave,

William Tagg died 24 Sep 1864 4 Magdolin St Mary Magdolin Oxford

Mary Ann Tagg d. 1896, at 1896 Age 79.St Peter's in the East, “Burial 15 April 1868 Ann Tagg Aged 73 St Ebbes” there may be a head stone?

The Tagg’s will not be in the same grave, as they had not lived together for years.

I believe the burial ground at St Peter-in-the-East was closed in 1855!, so they may have been buried in Holywell Cemetery.
      I think the burials have now been transcribed & indexed, so I hope that it will be easy for you.
      Ann E

Comment

Hi Ann

Yes I'm still doing requests :-)

I have 2 weeks off work at the end of this month (yay) so I will definitely be able to look into this for you.

Lauren x
        Lauren =)

Comment

[QUOTE=LaurenS1990;2414180]Hi Ann

Yes I'm still doing requests :

Thank you very much Lauren, :o
          Please if you happen to come across the burial of Frederick Sammons [See below] to see if there is a grave stone,
          [I am hoping his wife Mary Ann is with him] I would very much appreciate it.

"Frederick died tragically on the 1st May 1886 at the age of 74, being very deaf, he did not hear an approaching two-horse tram car, and was knocked down, he died shortly after while being taken to the Radcliffe Infirmary, the sad event was witnessed by his young grand -daughter Sarah Emily age 8 who was the daughter of George Edward & Mary Ann Sammons a collage waiter of 31 Plantation-road, At the time of the accident Frederick was also was living in Plantation Road. the funeral took place on the 7th May 1886 at St Peters in The East".

Please don’t go to a lot of trouble.

Thank you,
          Ann

Comment

Sorry Ann I haven't forgotten. I will be going to the records office tomorrow so will do a search of these burials for you..
            Lauren =)

Comment

Working...
            X