Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More help with Harrop Please

Thomas Harrop and Annie Brown married in 1858, so maybe Lilly's birth just wasn't registered - there was no fine for not registering until 1875.

OC

looked on lancs bmd? or lancs opc? and i was gonna say look for lilly with one l 'lily'.

Well this looks like a possible Eliza A, born Manchester,with father Thomas (widowed) whose a commission agent in 1871. It looks as though he's a commercial traveller from the way he moves about re the childrens births.
    Also with them is Anne Elizabeth aged 8 born Birmingham -
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=5093374
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 22-03-12 at 11:28.

I wonder if Annie the mother died in Chorlton aged 29 in December 1870?

The Annie Elizabeth from that family appears to have been born March 1863 in Birmingham. I wonder if it's Lilly and she didn't like the name Annie?

This certainly looks more promising than the Harrop family I was looking at in 1871 - interestingly both have Elizabeth A as daughters of roughly the same age.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

1881 Hulme, Manchester - could this be the same family - perhaps Thomas remarried???

Thomas b c 1837, Macclesfield, bookseller
    Hannah, wife b 1845
    Annie E b c 1863, Macclesfield
    Samuel Cooke, nephew b c 1877
    Rebbecca Mollinson, b c 1834. aunt
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

It could indeed Herky. There are 3 possible marriages from 1871 to 1881 of a Thomas Harrop to a possible Hannah. Hannah Horrocks in March 1871 in Stockport - a Hannah Moore in June 1872 Manchester and a Hannah Ball in Sept 1879 in Ashton.

Thank you all for your help, you have definately given me lots to look into. Will let you know how i get on.

Suzie