Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Brine Harris

William Brine Harris

William was born in 1809 and was baptized at St Matthew, Bethnal Green which was bombed in 1940. He married Mary Watts in 1832 in Stepney, and a son, Stephen Alfred Harris ( gt grandfather ) was born around 1837.
    William and Stephen emigrated to Tasmania most likely in 1851/52. He took over the license to the Sailors Delight Hotel in Hobart in 1852 and married Mary Ann Leonard the same year. William and Mary Ann had six children.
    I am trying to discover if Stephen had any siblings. Love to hear from any other descendants.

Oh, yes, here's the first that pop up on familysearch:
    Sarah Elizabeth, born 12 Mar 1818, bapt 1 Apr 1818
    Thomas Samuel, born 19 May 1811, bapt, 1 Apr 1812
    William Brine Harris, born 6 Oct 1809, bapt 1 Nov 1809

see if this link works:
    https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ber%3AC04698-3

Oops, those are William's sibs. Here's Stephen's possible sibs:
    Joseph Benjamin, born 9 Mar 1843, bapt 5 Apr 1843 /* St Matthew */
    William James, born 31 Dec 1847, bapt 11 Jun 1848 /* St Pancras */
    William Henry, born 18 May 1847, bapt 18 Jul 1847 /* St Andrew */
    Mary Harris, born 20 Jan 1846, bapt 22 Feb 1846 /* St Matthew */
    You'll probably need the actual records for abode & occupation info, to narrow the selection.

try this link for the above info:
    https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ame%3Aleonard~

Last edited by PhotoFamily; 28-02-12 at 06:48.

Nudge - can someone find the family in 1841, confirming or negating my guesses above? I wasn't able to locate Stephen in 1841

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoFamily View Post
    Oh, yes, here's the first that pop up on familysearch:
    Sarah Elizabeth, born 12 Mar 1818, bapt 1 Apr 1818
    Thomas Samuel, born 19 May 1811, bapt, 1 Apr 1812
    William Brine Harris, born 6 Oct 1809, bapt 1 Nov 1809

see if this link works:
    https://familysearch.org/search/records/index#count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Aharris~ %2Bfather_givenname%3A"john robert"~ %2Bfather_surname%3Aharris~ %2Bmother_givenname%3A"ann harriot"~ %2Bbatch_number%3AC04698-3
    Thank you so much for the info. and links.

Post # 3 was the one that you wanted - Stephen's possible sibs. Hopefully someone with a sub will check census records. I didn't see a sign of them in 1851 census either.

William Brine Harris is my great great grandfather, one of his children is Charles Henry Harris, he was my great grandfather. My grandfather was Keith Walter William Harris and my father was Philip Keith Harris. What information can I help you with, I will look for the list I have of children of William and Mary Ann and send it to you.

Welcome to the forum, Nikki!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki54 View Post
    William Brine Harris is my great great grandfather, one of his children is Charles Henry Harris, he was my great grandfather. My grandfather was Keith Walter William Harris and my father was Philip Keith Harris. What information can I help you with, I will look for the list I have of children of William and Mary Ann and send it to you.
    Thank you for your offer of help. William was also my gt gt grandfather. My gt grandfather was his son, Stephen Alfred Harris ( b around 1837 ) by his first wife Mary Watts ( m 1832 ). He came to Tasmania with his father around 1851/52. Have not yet found any record of them arriving here yet, and I am looking for any info on Mary and any other children she and William may have had. I have the 6 children from William and Mary. Coincidentally we lived on the Sunshine Coast for 25 years.
    Regards
    Robert