Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Edward Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy L Reynolds View Post
    that would be my tree buy i don't have paid access right now, i know every thin on John E Reynolds, but my husband don't known any then passed his grandfather
    My ancestry sub isn't active either.

Ok, your statement leaves me somewhat confused: John is your husband's ancestor? And, as stated in #1, you're looking for information about John's parents?

I thought the tree had at least the father of John?

I agree with Margaret, that John is living with his mother in 1920: That would make Ella Reynolds his mother, and, most likely, Viola Gustin his grandmother.

A quick look using familysearch and heritage quest did not yield Ella Hill or Evert Hill in the 1910 census, nor did I find Viola Hill.

Tammy, are you unable to afford buying any certificates? I'd recommend going first for the birth certificate - it will at least list his mother's name, but probably his father's, too; second his death certificate should list both parents' names. Death certs are a little less certain - if the "informant" didn't know the information, the fields will be marked unknown.

His SSN was issued in CA, but I would guess that was after WWII. He enlisted, so there's no draft reg (I looked earlier when I was in the library).

So, if you're not buying certs, you'll have to rely on census records. Ideally, you'd find his mother in the 1910 census - it appears Ella & Evert are siblings, which might be traceable

Just found Evert, living with Viola Trublood in the 1910. Viola reported she was a widow.

Ah, here's Viola with her family and a subsequent husband in 1900. 1900 gives birth month and year!
    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3....-12?cc=1325221

Possible progress:
    In the 1900 census, Viola's children are living with her, including William Hill, born 1884.

There is a marriage of William Hill, s/o Viola Johnson and William Hill. I think they would be John Edward Hill's maternal grandparents.

More later, but consider ordering the certs.
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 29-01-12 at 07:11.

oh, and there's a pedigree tree in familysearch with everett in it:
    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/M7KC-K2V

There's a problem:
    in the 1920 census, when Ella is living with her mother, her eldest child Royal was born in 1912. There's a very good chance that she married after the 1910 census, and her husband was out of their lives by 1920 (she reported in 1920 that she was married). You won't catch him in census with her.

Ella remarried by the 1930:
    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XCN1-FVJ

So, if you want John's father's info, you need to buy a cert.

And, of course, there may also be divorce records that may be interesting.

g'night
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 29-01-12 at 07:51.

I would point out, however, that I haven't found Ella in the 1910 - can anyone else?

I see on the 1900 Census record that Photofamily found that there is a Reynolds family listed on the same page - so neighbours of the Hill family !!

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoFamily View Post
    oh, and there's a pedigree tree in familysearch with everett in it:
    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/M7KC-K2V
    Pity that tree doesn't show any of Everett's siblings.

Margaret

There are several trees on ancestry

1. John Hamilton of Concord Family Tree, Owner: Teresa Rust

2. Ward Family Tree, Owner: ward12240

3. ROLLINGS Family Tree, Owner: rrollingsdna

4. Prillaman-Armstrong Family Tree Owner: Alice Armstrong

Even if you only have the 2 weeks free sub you could contact all these tree owners to see if they can help.

Margaret

On the ancestry tree: Wilson for Tammy Owner: wilsont37 they have this as the person who married Ella Hill and shown as father for John Edward b1917

Richard Alonzo REYNOLDS
    Birth 29 Nov 1866 in Indiana
    Death 1 Aug 1944 in Sacramento, Sacramento, California, USA

It seems well researched as it has full dates for births and deaths for the people in it.

Margaret

Right - I checked back and see that the tree Wilson for Tammy is yours and you have John Reynolds birth and parents and paternal grandparents.

We have now found maternal grandparents Viola Johnson and William Hill so you need to go back in the census looking for them to find their parents.

Margaret