Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Wharton c.1782

Looking for parents of Jane Wharton c.1782 Bolton

Jane married William Lawson at St Peters Parish Church Bolton Le Moor 19.8.1805
    They had 2 sons Thomas 9.2.1807 & John 27.8.1809

I have nothing re: Jane Wharton other than her marriage & sons so any info would be great.

Betty
    :xmas_cool:
    ​Bettyespana

There's a Jane WHARTON in 1841 in Ulverston Union Workhouse, born in county, and aged 60+, so born 1776-1781.

But even if that's the right one, it doesn't get you any nearer to her parents!

Christine

IGNORE - wrong surname by this stage.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 10-12-11, 16:49.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Or is she the one in 1851 in Bolton, aged 69, a winder, born Burnley?

That doesn't look very compatible with the one I found in 1841.

Christine

IGNORE - wrong surname by this stage.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

How much have you done on FamilySearch? They have a lot of northern parish register and bishop's transcript images available - for free.

Having said that, the Bolton records all seem to be marriages, so far, and mainly too late for what you are after.

So that leaves the Lancs OPC. Is that were you got the detail (I haven't looked)?

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 10-12-11, 16:55.

Comment

would bolton registers be on ancestry? either in the transcripts, or the west yorks collection?

Comment

Jane Wharton c.1782

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
            How much have you done on FamilySearch? They have a lot of northern parish register and bishop's transcript images available - for free.

Having said that, the Bolton records all seem to be marriages, so far, and mainly too late for what you are after.

So that leaves the Lancs OPC. Is that were you got the detail (I haven't looked)?

Christine
            I have had the marriage in my notes for a very long time & I am sure I would have got it from the Lancashire OPC.

Betty
            ​Bettyespana

Comment

Jane Wharton c.1782

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
              would bolton registers be on ancestry? either in the transcripts, or the west yorks collection?

I am not sure if the Bolton Registers are on ancestry.The Bolton I have is in Lancashire not Yorkshire so it would not be in the West Yorks collection.
              The Parish records for Bolton Lancs are really good but I have only found the marriage of Jane & also the baptisms of her son

:xmas_cool:
              ​Bettyespana

Comment

Jane Wharton c.1782

Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
                I have had the marriage in my notes for a very long time & I am sure I would have got it from the Lancashire OPC.

Betty
                Sorry! I have checked back & I didn't get it from Lancs OPC as the marriages for St Peter Bolton le Moor are only on there from 1813.
                That of course is too late.On checking I noticed a ref:M007151 it is on Familysearch.However,that still doesn't bring me to Jane's parents so back to square one!!

:xmas_embarrassed:Betty
                ​Bettyespana

Comment

if you find her burial, you may be able to confirm her age.

Comment

there is a jane lawson buried at oldham in 1841, age 70. it's only half an hour away from bolton.

Comment

Working...
                    X