Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ellen Harries nee Hickford mystery lady! help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that there is much more we can do atmo until you receive the marriage cert
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      if you aren't sure of her name ? how do you know the one Chrissy found is wrong ? Maybe the person who registered it didn't know? may not have been her husband ? My own Fathers Death Cert is wrong simply because the lady who registered it guessed.
      I am pretty sure that who ever would have registered her death would have known her. I have also just found another record for Helen Margaret Harries which is a probate one and at the time of her death she was married to her husband the reverand Henry Harries and she lived at 37 downs rd clapton. So its not her for sure! But its worth looking for sure as there must be some error of transcription or such that is making her difficult to find!

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        I don't think that there is much more we can do atmo until you receive the marriage cert
        Hi Dark secretz, that one you suggested looks rather hopeful, it is the right area thats for sure! I think your probably right though that untill I get that marriage cert my hands are rather tied, I hope it will have some clues such as fathers name and occupation and it may possibly yeild her age and another address .. at the moment I'm exploring all the names everyone has been kind enough to suggest. I am hoping to go next week to islington archives to get some earlier information on her and my great grandfather, the camden archives at holborn library were great and I got a hell of a lot of information on from 1904 onwards regarding his trading and places he lived via electorial rolls.

The last child born was Eva and I think she was born to Ellen/helen/eleanor/nell in 1901 though I cant her birth now either! She was one I didnt have much info on and not to be confussed with Alexanders sister Eva Harries! I also cant find anything on Queenie may Harries born 1899 I was going to ask about some of the children another time though!

Comment

hmmn I have only found the two baptisms for Alexander/Rosetta Maud nothing much coming up atmo.
          Julie

Comment

birth
            Name: Queenie May Harries
            Date of Registration:Jul-Aug-Sep 1899
            Registration district: Islington
            Inferred County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
            Volume: 1b
            Page: 166

I can't see an Eve though with the family on the 1901 cens

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              birth
              Name: Queenie May Harries
              Date of Registration:Jul-Aug-Sep 1899
              Registration district: Islington
              Inferred County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
              Volume: 1b
              Page: 166

I can't see an Eve though with the family on the 1901 cens

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1901&indiv=1
              Hi again, I think Eva must have been born later that year (after April) I do have Queenies birth details but as for marriage and death not so lucky!

Comment

There is a birth Jan-March 1901 Eva Louise Harries - Edmonton 3a 412.
                Forgive me if I'm miles out as my knowledge of London areas is sketchey. It does appear to cover Hampstead though which you mentioned earlier.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  There is a birth Jan-March 1901 Eva Louise Harries - Edmonton 3a 412.
                  Forgive me if I'm miles out as my knowledge of London areas is sketchey. It does appear to cover Hampstead though which you mentioned earlier.
                  That was the entry I thought was her as well!... it would be correct for wood green which is where i believe them to be at that time
                  Last edited by ajchambers8; 23-11-11, 20:44.

Comment

Well the marriage certificate for Ellen Hickford and Alexander Harries arrived today, and her name is Ellen Hickford on the marriage certificate and her father was....*drum roll* Charles Hickford, who is listed as being deceased by this time, 9th dec 1888 at the point of marriage, her age has been noted as 18 and that is teh only part I am doubtful about, as most documents nod towards her being younger than that!... so her death may still be a point of uncertainty at this moment but we're on the right track with Charles, I'm going to review everyones information again and start adding charles to the tree & any others I can find. The marriage was witnessed by 'A Hickford' and her address was 56 Victoria street, which is an adress known to me for the couple, his address I cant read but I have a friend who will help me with reading that and a couple of other details I cant yet read.

Comment

Actually the marriage age on the certificate does match that on the 1871 census also as her name at 6months old was listed as Eleanor I am going to change her name to this on teh tree and make a note that she was known as ellen most of her adult life.

Comment

Working...
                      X