No announcement yet.

Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just check whether mabel ward existed or not?? I'm trying to update common ancestors I have with steven and now I've got a bit lost
    thanks
    Denise

Comment

• Originally posted by darannon View Post
      Can I just check whether mabel ward existed or not?? I'm trying to update common ancestors I have with steven and now I've got a bit lost
      thanks
      Denise
      according to the letter that had the info about the children that went into care, in 1905 Mabel is stated to be 10yrs old, though by the 1911 census she isnt there. I did look but couldn't find a birth/death. (and she states (Clara) that one child has died.)
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Denise I think Julie is right and Mabel may have died as the 1911 census said 7 children of which one had died and May wasn't born until 1912

I got excited Julie when I thought Charley was listed on that tree!!!!!

Will start a new thread later titled Charley & Rose

Steven

Comment

• am abit confused... (not easy atmo)

Mabel should have been born around 1895 if she is 10 in 1905, so, where is she on the 1901 census then? if it were me, I wouldnt say that a child was 10 if they were already dead, would you??
          Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            am abit confused... (not easy atmo)

Mabel should have been born around 1895 if she is 10 in 1905, so, where is she on the 1901 census then? if it were me, I wouldnt say that a child was 10 if they were already dead, would you??
            The application form for Elizabeth/Ethel was filled out on 6th June 1905 so Isabel would still have been included as children at home with Clara. I think we came to the conclusion that it could have been a transcription error M---abel instead of Is--abel. We never did find a birth or a death for a Mabel Ward that would fit. Isabel's application wasn't filled out until 8th November 1905. Maybe the child that died was registered as a Driscoll. Have we looked at this possibility?
            Moggie

Comment

• Originally posted by maudarby View Post
              The application form for Elizabeth/Ethel was filled out on 6th June 1905 so Isabel would still have been included as children at home with Clara. I think we came to the conclusion that it could have been a transcription error M---abel instead of Is--abel. We never did find a birth or a death for a Mabel Ward that would fit. Isabel's application wasn't filled out until 8th November 1905. Maybe the child that died was registered as a Driscoll. Have we looked at this possibility?
              Moggie
              ahh yes Moggie, I remember now.. duh!! (am full of a cold and my head is all stuffy) .. that seems most logical reasoning though. did we ever find out, which child died?
              Julie

Comment

• Would the child have been born and died in West Ham district? I see in 1911 they are living at Maitland Road but I don't know whether that is still West Ham? If it is West Ham for birth and death of Driscoll between 1905 and early 1911 you only have 4 to choose from (6 if the deaths were registered in the next quarter !!
                p.s. Michael - Emily May - Timothy Daniel - Cecilia Sophia - (George J and Mary A if deaths registered late).
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 08-02-12, 20:23.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  Would the child have been born and died in West Ham district? I see in 1911 they are living at Maitland Road but I don't know whether that is still West Ham? If it is West Ham for birth and death of Driscoll between 1905 and early 1911 you only have 4 to choose from (6 if the deaths were registered in the next quarter !!
                  p.s. Michael - Emily May - Timothy Daniel - Cecilia Sophia - (George J and Mary A if deaths registered late).
                  Trouble is Chris, we don't know for sure that it was a Driscoll child that died, it might well have been a Ward, and born/died between the census.
                  Julie

Comment

• I know Julie I was just trying to point out that whether it was Driscoll or Ward it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. With a name like ward and even with a brief check to see if their first child could have died between 1982 and the birth of Elizabeth I came up with several possibilities.

Comment

• unless we can work out a possible 'window' from the other childrens births, then, like you say is a needle in a haystack, as they are such a common names, and we don't know for sure what the child was called and whether it was M/F. :(
                      Julie

Comment

• Thanks for looking folks but yes probably a huge needle in a haystack

I have emailed the contact Julie highlighted on ancestry re James Driscoll so will see what happens

Will keep you posted and if I get any interesting photo's from Ann I will post them

Steven

Comment

• Look forward to any replies Steven

Comment

• Just to keep myself busy I emailed Essex records that keep the archives for St John's hospital Chelmsford where Clara died to see if they have any records

In for a penny........................

Steven

Comment

• Quick update

No information listed at the hospital where Clara died - it was of old age so I didn't expect any

I heard back from the owner of the Ancestry tree for James Driscoll - he only had what we had and nothing on the women in James' life

Ann said she has a photo of Clara with her daughters and will look it out after her house move

Steven

Comment

Working...
                              X