Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phewwwww - great news, so pleased.
    This has been a marathon for you. You must be thrilled.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

• wonder what happened to James Driscoll ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        wonder what happened to James Driscoll ?
        Val have a look at #612 onwards...

we have now got him/his death and abit about him on those posts, he was a Grenadier Guard and was living at the same place when May was born.. he is buried in a RC churchyard in Leytonstone..

Steve,

have you had a look into Rose Mabel yet?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Hi Julie couldn't see anything for Rose had a good look on ancestry. Maybe I am just barking up the wrong tree as I thought her name was Rose Agnes Ward.

Moggie finding the medal index card for James Driscoll was a real find thanks - I thought that would lead to the service record but can't see anything

Steven
          Last edited by stevie2006; 06-02-12, 20:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
            Hi Julie couldn't see anything for Rose had a good look on ancestry. Maybe I am just barking up the wrong tree as I thought her name was Rose Agnes Ward.

Moggie finding the medal index card for James Driscoll was a real find thanks - I thought that would lead to the service record but can't see anything

Steven
            I am thinking now re James that as you have his medal card you could now contact the Gren Guards in london and request the form to fill in to see if you can get any records that they hold for him. ( you might have more luck cos you actually have a service number for him)
            Julie

Comment

• y'know what.. I think that you should contact this person...

they might know something abit more..

Julie

Comment

• Hi Steven
                48 Wood Street Chelmsford was the old St Johns Hospital.
                Moggie

A bit of history about the hospital 3rd post down.
                Last edited by maudarby; 06-02-12, 21:57.

Comment

• Great news Steven!!! Well done to all involved....great job guys
                  Ness

Comment

• congratulations! i know the feeling of finally killing of the ancestors!

Comment

• Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      congratulations! i know the feeling of finally killing of the ancestors!
                      I hope the police don't monitor these boards!! LOL

Margaret

Comment

• lol Margaret!...
                        Julie

Comment

• hahahaha that is pretty funny. but still, thrilled for steve!

Comment

• Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                            hahahaha that is pretty funny. but still, thrilled for steve!
                            Oh yes- undoubtedly and after all the hard work and his unwillingness to give up it's a really great outcome. Just didn't want anyone to think we were mass murderers! :D

Margaret

Comment

• just having a look at the 'other' relatives that are mentioned..

Jack Ward (Uncle)
                              Bill Ward (Uncle)
                              Edward Pettitt (Uncle)
                              Peter Pettitt (Uncle)

do you know anything about these, at all Steven?

just parking this here, though it looks like it would be a good contact to make! (William Ward, Charles srs dad)

Last edited by Darksecretz; 07-02-12, 13:04.
                              Julie

Comment

• Thanks Julie will check out that tree member on ancestry along with the other one.

I know about Peter Pettit - he went Canada and I traced all his stuff on another thread. I also through help of members found Edward and some information on him. I don't know anything about Jack and Bill Ward - as their names are quite common there seemed to be too many possibilities.

I wondered what is best now - the 2 people I want to find the most are Charley and Rose - should I just keep on this thread of start a completely new one?

The address of Clara in 1912 is 201 Vicarage Lane, Stratford, Essex - (May's birth cert) and surely Charley aged 16 would be with them and about to join up in 1914 - if I can find him - what would you suggest?

Steven
                                Last edited by stevie2006; 07-02-12, 20:48.

Comment

• The address of Clara in 1912 is 201 Vicarage Lane, Stratford, Essex - (May's birth cert) and surely Charley aged 16 would be with them and about to join up in 1914 - if I can find him - what would you suggest?
                                  New thread, BUT you need to contact that person that has Charlie in their tree, as when he enlists for the GG's he is living at that very address. (the Mathaias James tree)
                                  Julie

Comment

• Surely the quickest way to get information on Charley is to have the gravestone lifted to see what it says.

Margaret

Comment

• I wonder if they couldn't lift the gravestone because of 'elf & safety, Stevie? - of course it would be heavy!
                                      We are still willing to go and try to raise the stone with tools at some point if no luck imminently, Steve.

Do you know if Manor Park can even identify the public grave position for Clara?

Amanda
                                      Last edited by Guest; 08-02-12, 09:18.

Comment

• Hi Julie I will start a new thread for Rose and Charley summarising what I have do far. I planned to contact the person on ancestry but never got around to it but will do it tonight thanks.

Margaret I agree that would be the easiest way but I live too far away

Amanda I got my wife to email you the grave reference for Clara and also the reference for Ruby/Charleys stone if you can lift it that would be fantastic. Manor park have always been great help they simply said for health and safety they can't do it

Julie did you say Charley is mentioned on the tree I thought it was just James Driscoll have I missed something?

Steven

Comment

• sorry Steve,

I was getting in a muddle..ignore me..lol!
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X