Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

I am Amanda, stevie2006's new found relative and great granddaughter of the elusive Clara Ward.

First time I have really logged on here and looked at all Stevie's hard work - reading through all the posts has been nailbiting indeed.

We're all waiting on your posts now Stevie2006!!

Comment

• Hello Amanda!! lovely to see you at long last... have you had a read of this mammoth thread?? we have more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing! lol!

:smilee:

Steven, do let me know if you get a response from that message.. :smilee:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Julie the contact via ancestry has been in touch!!!!!!!

She is related to Clara's daughter May!!!! so we are right!!!!

One thing she did say was that she recognosed all Clara's daughters ie Ethel, Isabel etc and said that Charley/Charles died in the War - I have had a look on ancestry but nothing yet but will continue to look but thats a hot lead for Charles if anyone can help me find him

Steven

Comment

• trying to remember was he born in 1897 in West Ham ?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
            Julie the contact via ancestry has been in touch!!!!!!!

She is related to Clara's daughter May!!!! so we are right!!!!

One thing she did say was that she recognosed all Clara's daughters ie Ethel, Isabel etc and said that Charley/Charles died in the War - I have had a look on ancestry but nothing yet but will continue to look but thats a hot lead for Charles if anyone can help me find him

Steven
            whay-hey your lordship :Wink: haha..

I am SO pleased for you Steve, hopefully now, we can begin to piece Claras life/childrens lives together... we are SO close now... have got a grin as big as Stirling castle on me face!!!

Re Charley.. I did have a look before at ancestrys WWI records and came up with nada.. I know there are two in the london area on Ancestry but they are not him. (cos I had a nose thru the actual records)
            Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              trying to remember was he born in 1897 in West Ham ?
              yep, I think thats right Val..
              Julie

Comment

• nothing flagging up on CWGC site either
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 04-02-12, 20:46.
                Julie

Comment

• So far we now have Isabel, Ethel, Hilda and Grace accounted for. I think we have May Driscoll and will hopefully confirm that when I get the cert. That leaves Charles/Charley and Rose.

I think we now know that Charles dies in the War if I can find him that would be fantastic

Steven

Comment

• Hi Julie I spent ages looking for a service record but no luck so far. There are too much Charles Ward's on CWGC

Steven

Comment

• Do you know if Charles had a second name?
                      Elaine

Comment

• just to give a quick update on Rose/Charleys dob/pob

Charley b. 1897? W/ham?
                        Julie

Comment

• Hi Julie\Elaine on the children's society records he was noted as Charles William Ward and also Charles Harold Ward and year of birth is around 1897 in Stratford West Ham

Steven

Comment

• and Rose? .. she was born before Charley?
                            Julie

Comment

• what was Charles Sr's middle name again... William?

does this ring any bells with you Ste

"Charles William Ward, of 22, New Buildings, Flask Walk, Hampstead, London"
                              Julie

Comment

• Charles senior was Charles William Ward - address doesn't ring a bell

Steven

Comment

• Not having much luck finding a death for Charles in WW1
                                  Elaine

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
                                    Charles senior was Charles William Ward - address doesn't ring a bell

Steven
                                    ok just that I found http://www.cwgc.org/search-for-war-d...RLES%20WILLIAM that and wondered.
                                    Julie

Comment

• ooh I wonder if your new contact can ident the chap who is with Clara who isnt in the uniform 'outside the house picture'..?????
                                      Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                        ok just that I found http://www.cwgc.org/search-for-war-d...RLES%20WILLIAM that and wondered.
                                        I think that one would be too old if the yob is 1897. In 1917 the Charles we are looking for would be only 20.
                                        great news on the other front and look forward to hearing Clara has been found!
                                        Margaret

Comment

• I have emailed Ann who contacted me via ancestry to see if she has any more information but it seems we do share the same ancestor ie Clara. I read the message she sent me today and she mentioned that her mother ie May Driscoll lost her brother in the War - now I am thinking maybe it wasn't WW1 but maybe he died in the bombing in London in WW2? I have asked if Ann knows anything and will let you know but wil keep searching for Charley/Charles in WW1 and also deaths from 1939 to 1945

Steven

Comment

Working...
                                          X