No announcement yet.

Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at this rate i'll ave no flippin fingernails left!!! i'll be sitting here now on tenderhooks!!...

oh just a thought, would they show on the ER's??
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Thanks for everyone's support - thats the birth cert ordered for May Driscoll and I couldn't help myself and ordered the Chelmsford death cert!!!!!

Everything crossed

Julie - I had a look but nothing on the ER's

Steven

Comment

• now, we sit and wait... again...

taps fingers... :smilee:
        Julie

Comment

• Steven,

please tell me you are still about!!!! I have found something......
          Julie

Comment

• have pm'd you !!
            Julie

Comment

• it's great to come on here and find out about this amazing discovery - it really must be your Clara! can't wait to hear the rest of the details when you get the certificate (-:

Denise

Comment

• Hi Julie just seen it thanks for that some great information on the associated tree thanks ever so much.

Steven

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
                  Hi Julie just seen it thanks for that some great information on the associated tree thanks ever so much.

Steven

No probs, have replied to pm,

sorry if this all seems abit cloak and dagger folks.. just that the info I have found could be abit sensitive, so we are erring on the side of caution.

fingers x'd if you decide to contact them.
                  Julie

Comment

• am gonna call it a nite, have a splitting headache.. have fun!!
                    Julie

Comment

• Thanks again Julie I will now wait on the two certs and then take it from there

Steven

Comment

• Hi Steven
                        Things certainly have moved on since I logged on this morning. Just wondering if the James Ward that Clara was living with in 1911 was actually James Driscoll. I think we came to the conclusion that he took the name Ward so that Clara would still get help from the Childrens' Society.
                        Moggie

Comment

• Oh well done Julie, how exciting Can't wait for the cert to arrive now. I told you not to give up Steven
                          It's another reminder to us all to keep on questioning the oldest members of the family. It's surprising how they suddenly remember things.
                          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                            Oh well done Julie, how exciting Can't wait for the cert to arrive now. I told you not to give up Steven
                            It's another reminder to us all to keep on questioning the oldest members of the family. It's surprising how they suddenly remember things.
                            yep, thats true Chrissie, also you can also give mis-information, "oh I know that auntie flo married bert bloggs 1950".. their reply, "noooo, she married fred flower in 1945!!"
                            Julie

Comment

• Also true Julie, you do have to read between the lines. Especially when you can prove otherwise

Comment

• p.s. Have I missed a bit? When did Clara and James actually marry? Or didn't they?

Comment

p.s. Have I missed a bit? When did Clara and James actually marry? Or didn't they?
                                  we havent found a marriage Chris, I think it was Moggie that suggested that maybe she lived common law with him so she would get help from the society as she was a widow..

yep see #531
                                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 31-01-12, 12:11.
                                  Julie

Comment

Oh well done Julie, how exciting Can't wait for the cert to arrive now. I told you not to give up Steven
                                    Hi Chrissie
                                    Unless our relatives, whatever their age are "into" FH they won't realise the significance of witnesses names on a marriage cert, addresses on any certs & informants names on death certs sometimes giving a different address to that of the deceased. Just a pity this info didn't come to light sooner & it would have saved Steven a fortune in wrong death certs.
                                    Moggie

Comment

• Yes Julie, I can't see any likely marriage at all.

True Moggie, I have been thinking how much Steven would have saved too.

Comment

• Hi folks totally agree about them not marrying no evidence so most likely common law.

I think the problem with all our research is the ages of the relatives we try to get information from can be very elderly and memories are not as good as they used to be. Hopefully Amanda's father isn't too worn out with all the questions from a nosey relative!!!!!

I had a long look through the er's last night for Clara Driscoll but no luck

Steven

Comment

• Hi just to let you know I have contacted the owner of the tree that Julie found - wasn't sure if that is the right thing to do but I have sent away a message and you never know what will happen. I never want to pester anyone but simply said perhaps there is some information we could share IF we share the ancestor and whether they know anything about Clara.

Chrissie - I think the FTF members are right - NO marriage found but hopefully they were common law husband and wife. I am hoping the cert's will help to explain things

I was hoping with a bit of luck with the ER's but nothing - however I think Clara knows we are on her tail now!!!!!!!

Steven

Comment

Working...
                                          X