No announcement yet.

HALES Family Bible looking for home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So has anyone checked TP & GR to see if there are any trees in them with these people?

Does anyone know about a tree on Ancestry owned by K*****MJ? Thought it might be an FTF member trying to locate the Hales. Otherwise, it has Eric in the direct line of ascent from the home person. Very small tree, tho.
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 10-11-11, 04:46.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
      So has anyone checked TP & GR to see if there are any trees in them with these people?

Does anyone know about a tree on Ancestry owned by K*****MJ? Thought it might be an FTF member trying to locate the Hales. Otherwise, it has Eric in the direct line of ascent from the home person. Very small tree, tho.
      I have sent a message to the tree owner and given the link to this thread, so fingers crossed they are interested.
      I often only put up small trees just to see if I can make contact with others.
      Margaret

Comment

The tree on ancestry shows Eric has died and I checked his marriage and found a son born 1936 so I guess the tree is from his descendants as there is nothing about anyone else on it.

I'll have a look for marriages and children for the others and see what comes of that.
        Margaret

Comment

Found another tree on ancestry for the family of Charmian Marcelle Hamilton who married Eric Leo Hales. I have sent a message to the tree owner.
          Charmian died 1970 in Southend on Sea but her surname at that point was Hempstead. She married Sidney Herbert Hempstead in 1953 - he died 1992. The tree on ancestry that belongs to K*****MJ is titled Hempstead/Hales family.

Margaret

Comment

I find if I want to pull records together quickly, it's most easily done with a tree. That's why I wondered if it was an FTF person who built it.

I don't think memorabilia threads are getting noticed now that they are in their own section ....

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
              I find if I want to pull records together quickly, it's most easily done with a tree. That's why I wondered if it was an FTF person who built it.

I don't think memorabilia threads are getting noticed now that they are in their own section ....
              I think if FTF folk do a tree it is usually only on TP because then we can all add to it whereas with GR it is only the owner who can edit, but I take your point and if that was the case surely I would have had a reply by now which I haven't!

I agree with your point ref this board and have commented on another thread about it and made a couple of suggestions that might help us all remember to look here or attract our attention when something is posted.
              Margaret

Comment

Margaret -
                You had no response from the Ancestry tree owner?

Comment

Working...
                X