Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your help would be appreicated....

.....with dating this photo.

....and do you think it would be a grandmother with her grandchildren?

Many thanks

I would think it is between 1910 and the start of WWII in 1914.

Looks like Grandmother with Grandchildren but can't see their faces (and therfore ages) particularly well.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

I'd go with Tom's dating too by the younger woman's hairstyle, blouse neckline and hemline.

Comment

bigger image hope this helps
        Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Thankyou very much, that sort of confirms who I thought it might be.
          I knew which branch of the family it belonged to but not just who the folks in it were.
          Yesterday I confirmed the death of the older lady in 1919, and the number of grandchildren match the number I have for her.
          My auntie - who gave me this photo will be pleased I have sorted that out.
          But without your help I couldn't have. What a helpful site this is.

thankyou..............thankyou.............thankyo u

Comment

Oops Roy - we cross posted. Thankyou for that.

Comment

Your welcome hopefully it will be easier to decide now
              Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Thankyou folks and I am sooo excited as I received a copy of the 1911 census today and the family on there fits perfectly with the young people shown in the piccy. Also, Grandma Charlotte is living down the road with her married daughter so I am practically 100% sure who the people are. My Auntie may be able to confirm more when I next visit her as she did know the daughter. Thankyou all very much for giving me dates to work on.

Comment

Fantastic Val, so what relationship are they all to you?

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Hi Tom - the old lady is my Dad's G.Grandma and he is really chuffed now he knows. His sister, my auntie, was the one who gave me the photo - and she is over the moon with this discovery too, as she knew it was this (rather large) family, but didn't know exactly which members, so finding an actual piciture of their G.Grandma is very exciting for them both.

The five younger folk are grandchildren from Charlotte's second marriage - their father was a professional musician and music professor, and Dad remembers visiting his Uncle Viccie when he was a child, although the cousins had all left home by then so he didn't really know them.

Another FH problem solved thanks to all you wonderful people.

Comment

Working...
                    X