Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MASON, George/ SATCHELL, Mary Ann - Stepney, England

MASON, George/ SATCHELL, Mary Ann - Stepney, England

Can any of our members please help me in finding the parents of my George MASON b: c1784 chr: St Dunstan, Stepney ... some of his siblings were:
    William b: 1782 chr: St Dunstan Stepney who m: Mary PALMER1803 St Dunstan & his 2 sisters Elizabeth 1787 & Sarah Ann 1785.

Would love to learn of George's wife's (Mary Ann Satchell) parents also please. May have been Richard Satchell but not at all sure.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,
    Dimcl NZ

I wonder if this would be a better question for the Q&A section?

There is a christening of George Mason, s/o George and Catherine Mason on Mar 1785 at ST MARY WHITECHAPEL,STEPNEY,LONDON,ENGLAND
    familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/9CN3-4T7/p1

Your thread is more suited to our Research Qs & As forum, so am moving it over!
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by Dimcl View Post
    Can any of our members please help me in finding the parents of my George MASON b: c1784 chr: St Dunstan, Stepney ... some of his siblings were:
    William b: 1782 chr: St Dunstan Stepney who m: Mary PALMER1803 St Dunstan & his 2 sisters Elizabeth 1787 & Sarah Ann 1785.
    Where did you find the information that they were christened at St. Dunstan Stepney?

The Parishregister.com website - click here - have transcribed the registers for St. Dunstan Stepney, and a free search of the 1770 - 1798 registers for St. Dunstan, using the surname MASON, has produced the following entries:

Alfred Richardson Mason, Andrew Turnbull Mason, Henry Christian Mason, James Mason, James Henry Mason, John Mason, Joseph Mason, Mary Mason, Matthew Mason, Octavius Staples Mason, Richard Mason, Sarah Mary Mason, Sarah Woolmore Mason, Thomas Mason, William Mason, William Mason
    Elaine

Thankyou again for your help & lookup for my George Mason's family.

regards,
    Di NZ

Thankyou for moving my query to Q&A's Elaine - still finding out the ropes on this site.
    A fellow researcher in England gave me the details of George Mason being christened at St. Dunstan, Stepney.

Greatly appreciate your giving me the link to the Parish records and also looking up his children's names - a big breakthru for our family as we have until recently known about George Mason b: 1810 (sailor on revenue cutter - Vansittart") who settled in Okain's Bay, NZ
    .Would it be advisable to do a separate post for his wife Mary Ann SATCHELL family please?

regards,
    Di

Di, re the St Dunstans Stepney baptism. It seems a bit odd that he is not showing up in the results list of the registers transcribed by ParishRegister.com website.
    Do you know where your contact found the information?
    Elaine

I wonder if this is the family

George Mason - Baptism 23 Sep 1781 St Dunstan in The West, London
    William Mason - Baptism 15 Dec 1782 St Dunstan in The West, London
    Sarah Ann Mason - Baptism 21 Aug 1785 St Dunstan in The West, London
    Elizabeth Mason - Baptism 16 Dec 1787 St Dunstan in The West, London

parents are Robert Mason and Elizabeth Mason

source: LMA parish records on Ancestry
    Elaine

Looking at the actual images:
    George born 3rd September - address Ram Ally
    William born 18 November - address Ram Alley
    Sarah born 28th July - address Ram Alley
    Elizabeth born 20th November - address Ram Alley
    Elaine

Do you know anything about Mary Ann Satchell - approx. year of birth.
    Where did Mary and George marry?
    Elaine