1911 Look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Look up please

I wonder if sks might look up the following for me - I had been searching for a while when I had a sub. and I have now found the family mistranscribed as TRICKER (should be FRICKER)!

Parents are Matilda Jane (age 35) and Sidney Charles (age 34) in Portsmouth.

I would like to know the address, father's occupation and names and ages of children.

Thanks

Sidney Charles 34
    Matilda Jane 35
    Charles Robt Edward 7
    Percival Leslie 6
    Linda Muriel 4 months

57 Bath Road

Married 9 years
    Last edited by Kelly; 28-08-11, 12:41.

Comment

Fathers Occupation is Insurance clerk.

Comment

Thanks Kelly - it's much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
          I wonder if sks might look up the following for me - I had been searching for a while when I had a sub. and I have now found the family mistranscribed as TRICKER (should be FRICKER)!

Parents are Matilda Jane (age 35) and Sidney Charles (age 34) in Portsmouth.

I would like to know the address, father's occupation and names and ages of children.

Thanks
          I wonder if Sidney Charles FRICKER was related to Joseph Charles FRICKER (see thread of same name for more info) who was born in South Stoneham near Southampton.

As for transcription of names, an ancestor named TULLER became "Griller" in a Mormon record.
          Amelia

My avatar is my grandfather William as a baby. His origins are shrouded in mystery.....

Comment

One tip for looking up censuses if you can't find the surname ...

You can look on first names only.

Choose a child born within 10 years of the census, ideally with a relatively unusual first name

enter first name, year born +/-2, and county born
            Enter first names of parents, years born +/-2, county (counties) born
            Enter name of 1 sibling, year born etc

It can really really work!!!!!
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
            X