E-mailing a photo at higher DPI ??? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mailing a photo at higher DPI ??? help

I e mailed a wedding group photo dated 1909 to a new family history contact in Canada this week but although the other things I sent are great she says this one is rather blurred. The original which I scanned isn't and she suggests I try again with a higher DPI. Can anyone tell me what that is and how to do it ???? The original is a little bigger than A4 in size. Hoping someone can help oh by the way I sent it as a Jpeg.

Thanks for looking
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

I think you need to rescan the photo.On your scanner make sure you scan at highest resolution possible it needs to 300 dpi minimum but 600dpi is best.
    Hope this helps
    Regards Alan

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

thanks very much Alan I'll do that.

Liz

Comment

The higher the DPI, the larger the file. Format also changes the file size (JPEG < TIFF < BMP). If you get a very large file, email may not take it. You can upload it to a cloud file server, and then the cousin can login to the same fileserver ( haven't used photobucket, so I don't know if it will function this way), or I have set up a "tree" in ancestry, loaded the photo into the tree, invited the recipient, and then they can grab it from the tree.

Comment

thanks photo family
          I upgraded it to 600 dpi jpeg and although it took a while longer to upload it did send successfully.(well I'm assuming it did as the message sent came up but I haven't yet heard if my contact in Canada received it)

Liz

Comment

Working...
          X