1911 summary books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 summary books

I am trying to track down the 1911 summary entry for Sidney Fletcher Dorrell, in the hope that I can then find the census entry on Ancestry. I have found him on the 1911 census page.

Details I have:

Sidney Fletcher Dorrell, b. 1875, living in Canterbury Kent, along with
    Isabel Laura Dorrell b. 1874 and
    Irene Laura Dorrell b 1893.

I am interested in finding out the marriage and children details for this couple. Can anyone point me in the right direction, as I can't find any Dorrell's in Canterbury on Ancestry.

Thanks,

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

There is a Mr. Danell living at 1o Orford Road Canterbury, one male and two females. Image looks like Darrell/Dorrell
    Elaine

Comment

1898 Sidney Fletcher Dorrell marrried Isabel laura PIDDUCK
      Reference on BMD Camberwell 1d1762

There is an Irene Laura Dorrell on BMD, but not born until 1900
      Tunbridge 2a769

Above will be the correct entry for Laura, as Sidney and Isabel are in Tonbridge on 1901 census
      With them is a daughter called JANE L Dorrell age 8 months (obviously mis recorded)
      States he was from Holloway, London.

Birth for Sidney
      Apr 1874 - Islington, Greater London, London, Middlesex

He is on 1891 census in Lambeth with his parents and three siblings

Died 1961 sept Qtr in Bridge, kent
      His wife Isabel died Sep 1967 - Canterbury, Kent, England

Bridge is a town just outside canterbury

It's possible Irene Laura Dorrell married in 1930 in the Brighton area to Percy C Cooke, as there is that marriage listed, showing Irene L Dorrell as the wife.
      Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 13-06-11, 20:14. Reason: added Irene details and further Sidney info

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Think you'll find the daughter was 10 not 18
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks for your replies - that was what was confusing me, the age of the daughter and the 2 names given for her. All makes sense when it's explained!

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Thanks to Elaine's instructions in a previous post I have now managed to see the census entry itself, and the age is definitely 10. Easy when you know how. Thanks again to everyone.

Linda
            Linda

Comment

It really is instructive seeing the actual householder schedules. All sorts of additional information, as well as "helpful" enumerators making inspired (but wrong) assumptions about places of birth.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X