1911 lookup please THOMAS APPLETON RUTHERFORD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 lookup please THOMAS APPLETON RUTHERFORD

THOMAS APPLETON RUTHERFORD was born c1903 in Hebburn, County Durham..
    I'd like to know who was in the household please including if possible dob.. occupation... address etc. Thanks so much

What techniques have you tried so far?

Most of the 1911 sites allow quite a bit of info to appear as a "hit", and they don't all display the same info. If you use the original 1911 site, for instance, you can search for names in the same household - with such a specific name, you are in with a good chance, I would say. It would mean that no-one is expected to breach their T&C of membership of a site, nor spend their credits for you.

In the meantime, I'll see what I can turn up on the 1911 site, myself.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-05-11, 14:32.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes, the free search info on the 1911 site lists (only RUTHERFORD - I haven't checked for other surnames):
      Cuthbert, 37
      Jane Ann, 35
      Mary Ann, 15
      Joseph, 13
      Cuthbert, 12
      Margaret, 8
      THOMAS APPLETON, 7
      Isabel, 1

They're in South Shields district, in County Durham.

You might be able to pick up different info by using that set of data on GR or FMP.

Christine

I've since gone through for others in the same household with surnames starting a-z, and there is none, apart from those names above.
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-05-11, 14:31.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank You ever so much christine.. i didnt know there was a free version? where is it please as when i looked on ancestry all it listed was a name with how ever where in the household no names no address or anything..
        xx

Comment

You can find the 1911 census here:
          Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!

Discover your family history online today with Genes Reunited. Find your ancestors and create your own family tree online.

I got the info I listed from the first link.

You won't get the full info, nor the images, but they have to give enough info on the list of hits for you to know if you've got the right names. The trick is to play one hit-list off against another, so that you can gradually deduce what you want to know... assuming that the transcriptions are ok.

Otherwise you need to go to TNA (The National Archives) at Kew, or one of the centres around the country where you can get free access.

Ancestry didn't have the full 1911 info when I last looked, but i haven't had a current sub for a year, now. The three I've listed above, all do have it, I believe, but I use FMP, mainly, because I do have a sub there.

I've just spotted (from the number of posts and start-date) that you must be very new... Welcome to FTF! I hope you enjoy being part of the site.

Christine

Comment

Welcome to FTF Tracey.

If you put the data that Christine has given to you into the free search on Genes Reunited, you will get places of birth for the family as well.

The trick is that you need to use a combination of both sites (the 1911census.co.uk site & Genes Reunited) to maximise the information you can get for free.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks again Christine.. yes i am new to here but not to research.. been doing it 23 years now but have recently started on my partners side as he is interested to find out where he came from.. keeps me out of mischief and something to get my teeth into.. I didn't know this site existed but i'm going to be a regular now xx

Its nice to know theres somewhere to go if i need help or if i can help people too
              Tracey xx

Comment

Oooooooooooo thank you elaine... I feel like miss marple hehehe xx

Comment

Working...
                X