Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Book reviews

Quote Originally Posted by borobabs View Post
    Hi is this book available in print as well as we don't all have kindles ??? Thanks
    I wish it were borobabs, but it was turned down by mainstream publishers - although some very nice things were said about the book so I published it as an ebook and the response has so far been Amazing, perhaps proving that the publishers don't always get it right. Maybe they'll notice it someday )
    Genealogical Crime Writer. Author of Kindle bestseller, 'In the Blood (A genealogical crime mystery).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj1961 View Post
    have just downloaded to my kindle thank you very much - looks interesting
    Thanks Chris. Do let me know what you think. There's also a forum on Goodreads called the UK Amazon Kindle group where my book has been book of the month this month. It ends tomorrow, but I will continue to be active as a member of that forum and I have an author Q&A thread among others about the book if you wanted to drop by.
    Genealogical Crime Writer. Author of Kindle bestseller, 'In the Blood (A genealogical crime mystery).

It's absolutely brilliant - haven't been able to put it down ! Have given it 5 stars Got any more ?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj1961 View Post
    It's absolutely brilliant - haven't been able to put it down ! Have given it 5 stars Got any more ?
    Wow! That was quick, Chris. I guess you really couldn't put it down. So glad you enjoyed it. 5 Stars? Where did you review it. I'd love to see your comments. Amazon? I'm working on the sequel. It will be out in the Spring. If you email me at 'intheblood@ymail.com', I'll add you to the list of friends who would like to be notified when it's out. Also, have you checked out my website? There are some cut scenes and Images I think you'll like. Http://www.steve-robinson.me. I have a blog, too.

If anyone would like to read the first 10% of 'In the Blood (A genealogical crime mystery)', it's available here: http://www.steve-robinson.me/ITB_Sample.html

My public library recently bought this book for me (I thought they would just get it via inter-lib
    loans ):

ISLINGTON by Gavin Smith ISNB 978-0-7524-4960-9 Pub: 2009 The History Press. Part of Britain in Old Photographs series.
    £12.99. ppbk.

Blurb on back: 'Islington retains a distinct personality which dates back to the days when it was a village in the countryside visited by Londoners for leisure pursuits.

This fascinating collection of nearly 200 old photographs of the Borough takes a nostalgic look back at some of the changes of the last hundred years. We see the old shops, street markets and theatres, including the music halls, and some of the people who lived and worked in the area. Dramatic changes in public transport can be seen, from horse-drawn bus and tramcar to the arrival of the Underground and the motorbus.

This book includes early scenes of Holloway and Canonbury, Finsbury Park, the construction of the Highgate Archway and the new stand for Arsenal at Highbury in the 1930s.'

It is well produced and I can recommend to anyone with ancestors in that area. Includes pictures of Arsenal team players and Crippen. There are pics of individuals such as Nell Smith, ticket collector/booking clerk for Gt Northern & City Railway at Highbury and Finsbury Pk Stations in the 1920s.
    Liz

In the Blood (A genealogical crime mystery)

Hi is this book available in print as well as we don't all have kindles ??? Thanks
    It's taken a while to get In the Blood into print, but I'm pleased to say that it's now available as a 6x9 inch paperback from Amazon and other online bookstores and to order online via the ISBN.

Since I last posted it has received 68 customer reviews on Amazon.co.uk with a 4.8 out of 5 star average and has become one of Amazon UK's 'Best Books of 2011' in the customer favourites category. It's only just appeared on the UK site and currently shows out of stock, but you can pre-order it and stock should be available shortly.

Here's a link to the product page in the UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-geneal...A3TVV12T0I6NSM

And the Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Blood-genealog...bs_157313011_1

Best wishes,
    Steve.

See the Kindle thread too! http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...support/page10

Hope there will be more books like this, Steve!
    Anne

Thanks Anne, and thanks for posting the Kindle link. It's been very exciting getting a paperback out. I'm writing a series around genealogist, Jefferson Tayte and the sequel to In the Blood should be out by the end of Spring. I say 'should' be because, although I've written the historical scenes, I'm still plotting the present day narrative and it's difficult to say how long it will take to write and edit and publish. I'll keep you all posted.

Blog Entries

Babs,

you could always download 'Kindle for PC' and download books to read on your PC.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...cId=1000423913
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........