all in one tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all in one tree

Hi does anyone know if there is a way of printing an all in one tree in Family Tree 2010 like you can in 2006.

It's the option of the Extended family chart

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor will try that.

Comment

Hi again Trevor, have tried the extended chart option but it will only print out width wise single sheet deep making a long chart not like the all in one chart in 2006 which prints out on single A4 sheets but goes x amount of sheets wide by x sheets deep, do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

The chart depth depends on how many generations you are displaying.
          The default is 3
          Use the settings on the right to set how many geneartions of descendents/ancesters you want to display

Other factors are what you include in the chart, as this affects the size of each of the boxes around individuals and so the final depth of the tree.

I have a tree that uses 126 sheets of A4 for its full tree with it being four sheets in its depth which was exactly the same when I used 2006

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

As I understand it, the format of the Extended Chart on FTM 2010/2011 is horizontal, as compared to the vertical type All in one trees which were available on earlier versions of the program.
            Elaine

Comment

I understand what Davie is asking about now.
              On the old version, if you had an odd unconnected family, it was put on the lower left of the chart, but is now added on the right, thus causing the wider width he mentions

Researching:

Comment

I don't think it matters whether a part of the tree is connected or not, the display is now horizontal with all similar generations now kept on the same horizontal line.
                Previously similar levels of generations were literally anywhere on your chart.
                Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine and Trevor thanks for your replies.
                  Trevor I have upped the geneartions of descendents/ancesters to 13 but still only wants to display and print horizontaly making a narrow wide chart (tree).
                  I think I will have to go back to ver 2006 as the all in one tree is a more pleasing and proffesional look unless you have anymore ideas which I would be very greatful of.
                  Thanks again and kind regards
                  Roger

Comment

As far as I am aware Roger there is no other way to do it.
                    If you want the old style all in one chart then you will have to use 2006 - if you want a horizontal all in one/extended chart then you use 2010/2011.
                    Elaine

Comment

It's a real shame when we get 'upgrades' they seem to be two steps forward, but one step back

Researching:

Comment

Go to a copy shop and get a sheet of blueprint paper about 8ft long 30" wide then print out individual families and stick them on after trimming of any surplus paper, it takes a bit of planning but then join the families up with black ball point when finished which will be about 3 weeks take back to copy shop and get copied there are no edges showing and you can keep adding new families as and when and just keep getting new copies with a bit of extra paper added, I have 1500 individuals on mine and not a bit of selatape in site

Comment

Call me stupid....but how do you get 8ft long 30" paper into your printer???
                          Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                            Call me stupid....but how do you get 8ft long 30" paper into your printer???
                            With difficulty! ;)
                            I think what omskirk was suggesting is that you buy a piece of 8ft long paper and stick your printed A4 sheets on to it, then take the 8ft sheet of paper back to the copy shop and ask them to do a photocopy. That way you wont see the sellotape or joins of the A4 sheets.
                            Elaine

Comment

My tree is 138 pages of paper!
                              It is about 17 foot wide, so not viable as a single sheet, as my walls are not long enough.
                              Previously, in my study (well the little box room), I had created mini family groups, which are much smaller, stuck these on the wall and used a fine red ribbon to join the common person in the groups to show how the groups are related.
                              I found that to be the best visual option.
                              Problem now is I have moved to a small flat, so have no room at all to display the tree and have a number of rolls containing the families and a master sheet indicating how they are related

Researching:

Comment

Elaine...Ah that makes more sense! LOL!
                                Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

Print individual families out on A4 and trim excess paper so you are left with the little boxes and stick these onto your large sheet of paper my tree is 137 A4s but fits comfortably on a sheet of blueprint paper, I would suggest getting a sheet of A3 and do a practice run, just do one family at a time or you will get lost

Comment

Have a look at this, it will give you the idea http://www.youtube.com/user/omskirk#p/a/u/1/UWn4N5Bioa8

Comment

I think thats what you call serious

Comment

Working...
                                      X