Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errors on FTM how do you find them by Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors on FTM how do you find them by Number?

I just put my FTM on this PC and you know you can get a list of errors? and they are numbered ??
    How do you find them in the Tree by the numbers ?? thanks
    And it seems even though I imported a file which included Photos none of them have appeared??

What file format have you used to transfer the tree - where was the original stored?

What program was used to store the original - what program are you transferring it to?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine I did what I did before on my Laptop ,imported a Gedcom from my Ancestry Tree, and then it came across with the Photos ?

Comment

Which program are you using on the PC where you have just installed the new version of the tree?
        Elaine

Comment

not sure what you mean Elaine ??? do you mean IE ??? and its FTM 2010

Comment

I meant which version of FTM were you using - just so I could open up the same version to get instructions!
            Are you exporting a gedcom from Ancestry and then importing it into FTM - or are you downloading the tree directly through Family Tree Maker (which is what you should be doing!)

If you haven't already done it this way, then try this.
            Open FTM
            Click on NEW TREE tab
            Under the GETTING STARTED section, click on DOWNLOAD A TREE FROM ANCESTRY

You should then be given the link to your tree(s) on Ancestry - just click on EXPORT.
            Elaine

Comment

fancy meeting you here Elaine ? thanks again will try that now

Comment

right done that thanks I remember now thats what I did before, but still dont seem to have the Photos and stuff ?

Comment

As I understand it, doing it that way the photos should download as well. Never done it personally so can't say if it works or not!
                  Elaine

Comment

it did work on the Laptop ?? wonder why not on here? unless I just have not found them ? thanks again Elaine appreciate it.

Comment

Val, are the images you refer to linked to source citations in the Ancestry tree.
                      Seems they aren't included when you download from Ancestry to FTM.
                      http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm....ZXN0cnkgdHJlZQ!!
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        it did work on the Laptop ?? wonder why not on here? unless I just have not found them ? thanks again Elaine appreciate it.
                        When you installed FTM 2010/2011 on your computer, it would have automatically created a new folder in My Documents called Family Tree Maker. If you have any media items attached to your tree then they are stored in a Media folder within the Family Tree Maker folder in My Docs.

Do you have a Media folder and if so are there any images in it?
                        Elaine

Comment

I dont seem to have an option for a media file ????

Comment

no Elaine they are photos I added to my Ancestry tree manually , and when I imported it on my laptop all the Photos came across too

Comment

Not sure then Val.
                              We have another member on FTF who is having problems with media files on Ancestry. He has recently posted his query on the FTM/Ancestry message board where their resident "expert" Russ Worthington is trying to help him.

If it's causing you a real problem then it might be worth asking for advice on there.
                              Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine so frustrating, I dont think much of the help on Ancestry they take age to reply then dont really sort the problem out , but will take a look .

Comment

The link I have given you is different from contacting Ancestry support.
                                  It's more of a forum and you will find that Russ is nearly always online and available to answer questions - although he is US based so in a different time scale to you.
                                  You also get input from other FTM/Ancestry users who may have had the same sort of problem.
                                  Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine have posted my query on there

Comment

as I thought the solutions they gave me are what I did anyway ?

Comment

Keep plugging away on that forum and see what suggestions Russ can come up with.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X