• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody find him in 1901 ?

Thomas Alfred Gray born 1887 Hammersmith , Thanks

here he is in 1891
    RG12 39 63 25

Sorry - he's seriously elusive!

Do you have any idea where he might be? or what he's doing? - whether he's with anyone else from the family or anything?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Do you have him in 1911?
      Elaine

Comment

There are at least 3 Thomas A Gray travelling to Canada, America and Australia. Could he have emigrated Val? I can't check the details because I haven't got world wide - sorry.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

sorry had to cook
          thanks everyone
          have him in 1911 he married in 1905 Hammersmith to a May Louisa Clarke , his Father died in 1891 and I cannot find his Mother Elizabeth born 1857 in Cheam Surrey either in 1901 ???
          oh and he is a Coal Porter on his marriage and in 1911

Comment

Trying to track at least one of the family - in case Thomas was with them - I found this rather sad page (neither does it help your quest, I'm afraid):
            Reference RG14PN239 RG78PN8 RD3 SD2 ED13 SN389
            Where the full name of the child who had died is recorded.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks again Christine but how do I view that thanks ?

Comment

You'd need to have access to the 1911 census. That's the detail of the page reference. If you don't have a general sub, it isn't worth you looking at it: it doesn't look as if it's yours. I mentioned it because it was just so sad.

Christine

Comment

yes I do have the full sub on there thanks by the way that contact last signed in a month ago so you might get lucky this time

Comment

that is my lot Christine or should say my Husbands family, have been updating them this week, and the Mother Elizabeth is the Mother I have been looking for ?. Thanks

Comment

Oh! I'm glad I mentioned it then. I notice that the daughter who'd died has not been transcribed. Is that sensitivity, or just an omission?

Perhaps I might put a potential transcription error report in.

Christine

Comment

he is actually the Brother of the man I am looking for ? that Elizabeth the Widow is their Mother so you see you did find her for me lol

Comment

It was only when I looked back that I realised that the "mother" might be yours.

Christine

Comment

my Husbands lot are much more prolific than mine and they had lots of sets of twins too ,my Daughter should have been one , thanks Christine good luck with that contact .

Comment

Working...
                            X