Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nora Murphy - stepdaughter of Leopold Jenner (Avebury Manor, Wiltshire)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
    Oooh, do you think it was "formerly O'NEIL lodge"?!

OC
    Tempting, but I think probably not. If you google it, it comes up as a current care home!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No I don't - will have to consider taking a subscription. Currently just have Ancestry World and GenesR. Am learning a lot from you folks though so may well change direction with my own research (Champniss/ Lovett) in the future. Have been SO impressed with all the help I've received on FTF!
      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by JLWiltshire View Post
        No I don't - will have to consider taking a subscription. Currently just have Ancestry World and GenesR. Am learning a lot from you folks though so may well change direction with my own research (Champniss/ Lovett) in the future. Have been SO impressed with all the help I've received on FTF!
        I'm pleased you're enjoying our company. I've always felt that the site has a good atmosphere - part of that must be down to the quality of the moderation. In general, though, people enjoy helping others with their puzzles. If ever you feel really brave (and are short of reading material) have a look at the Hospital Records series in the Adoption/Reunion board (http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...option-Reunion). It's currently on Part 11, having approx 1000 posts in each of the previous parts! It's amazing story, though, of how determined teamwork can achieve a result that looks impossible.

Back to your topic - as far as the transcriptions go, you can also look up births, using MMN, on FreeBMD (http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl). As the name implies, it's free.

Christine
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-10-10, 19:08.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I was taking photographs of The Circus, Bath yesterday (intially mixed it up with the Royal Crescent lol !!!! ) - no idea of the house numbers though. (am a poor photographer I'm afraid) - perhaps google earth will give you a street view of the actual house).

Also tried unsuccessfully to find Nora and John Maurice in the 1911 census but if they were abroad on honeymoon then they wouldn't have been included.

Perhaps the marriage was mentioned in the Local Newspaper or Banns in the local church????

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
          X