Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOT HIM!

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1891&indiv=1

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2702; Folio 148; Page 51; GSU roll: 6097812.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

cant blimmin see him at all in 1901.. arrrrggh
      Julie

Comment

I think you've cracked it there Julie, nice to get another one sorted out - I'll send off for that marriage cert to confirm. Henry is my great great uncle, his sister Martha is my great grandmother, it's taking me ages to sort out this branch, especially as Martha becomes a Brown. Thanks for all your help, and Treesa too.

Linda
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

ooh she does?? does she? do you have martha at all on census? dont suppose she was from nottmshire?
          Julie

Comment

Oh I have all of Martha now, she was born in Belper, moved to Nottingham in the 1850's and married Edwin Brown in 1876 (although he was called Edward on the marriage cert). Just recently I realised that their first child, born before they married reverted to using the name Johnson when he left home, so have managed to track him down. Do you have a Martha Brown of your own?

Linda
            Linda

Comment

lol!! Oh yes Linda, I have lots of Browns.. not sure about a Martha though.. nope just checked the database on here, Browns in Kirkby in Ashfield, you'll see all mine..
              Julie

Comment

No none of mine are from Kirkby, they originated in Leicester, then 2 of them moved to Nottingham. I've managed to get back to about 1760's with my Browns, which I am quite pleased about, but really need to either go to Leicester record office or get some Parish records/marriage records for the area to get any further. I think a couple of certificates will be next to be purchased, just got a refund from GRO so will order a new one tomorrow.

Linda
                Linda

Comment

thats good then linda, I know LRO quite well as i have been there lots of times
                  Julie

Comment

Henry and Thomas Johnson, Charlotte Warren Derbyshire

Dear Linda,

Despite the fact it has been a few years since you posted regarding this family, I am over the moon that I have found someone searching the Warren/Johnson conundrum.
                    I have been searching for Henry Johnson's birth (B.1848, my Great Grandfather) for about 8 years, and went down several long and wrong paths. (I have a binder full) It was only last year, when the GRO began including mother's maiden names in the birth index that I stumbled upon the fact that Warren was the connecting name for at least three of "Thomas's" children. I already have Henry's b.Cert, but believed it was the wrong one. (along with 2 others I have!) I have recently sent for Charlotte's death Cert. to see if Thomas was her husband. (before I found your posts)
                    Henry married (1869) Sarah Ann nee Bramley, (I have their marriage Cert.) and had three boys - Henry, Albert (my grandad, B. 1873 to Henry (now AKA Harry) and Sarah Ann) and Ernest. (I have a lovely photo of the three of them. Albert married my grandma, Clara Morris,(B 1870 in Shropshire) and my Mum was one of three girls born to them.
                    As you say, re Thomas and Charlotte, some of the children were registered with "Johnson" while legally they should have been "Warren". Funny they were so bold on the 1841 census.
                    Anyway, if you would like copies of relevant family certificates etc, I will gladly send the. Now I am going to peruse more closely all the replies regarding your posts.
                    How are you related? I think you live in Australia? I am in Canada.
                    Kind regards, Diana

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                    I am having lots of problems trying to sort out this family - here is what I know.

Charlotte Warren is born in 1822 in West Hallam in Derbyshire. In 1841 she is a Female Servant at a Pub in Sandiacres (the pub is run by her sister-in-laws mother.)

In 1851 she is Housekeeper for Thomas Johnson in Kilbourne, Derbyshire and has 2 sons, John aged 7, born in Holbrook and Henry aged 2 born Holbrook.

Thomas and Charlotte have a daughter Martha Ann, 3 Nov 1851,in Kilbourn registered under the name of Johnson, even though Charlotte and Thomas don't marry until 26 July 1852 in Duffield.

There is another daughter, Charlotte, born in 1854 in Belper.

This is where it starts to unravel. Charlotte senior dies sometime between 1854 and 1858 when Thomas, who is now in Nottingham remarries, to Hannah Mills. I am trying to find Charlottes death entry, but so far am having no luck. I have had GRO searches in Nottingham and Basford but they can find no matches. Another problem is that there was a child, Robert Johnson, born around 1857, but I am not sure if he is Charlottes or Hannahs. I am also having trouble finding an appropriate birth entry for either Robert Johnson/Robert Mills. Hannah was previously married to Robert Mills who died in 1858.

So I am trying to find:

Charlotte Johnsons death entry
                    Robert Johnsons/Mills birth entry
                    John Warren birth entry and any census entry after 1851
                    Henry Warrens birth entry and any census entry after 1861 (he is listed as Henry Johnson on 1861)

Here is the 1851 Census:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...=&pid=10445842 Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2144; Folio: 320; Page: 2; GSU roll: 87775.

and the 1861: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/D...=&pid=22207070 Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2457; Folio: 103; Page: 10; GSU roll: 542974.

Hope this all makes sense - I am going round in circles with this lot.

Linda

Comment

Hi Diane

Linda is on this site most days but I have a feeling she is away for a few day.

I'm sure she will be delighted to hear from you but I didn't want you to be disappointed that she didn't reply immediately.

Keep watching
                      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Hi Diana, as Lin has said I am currently away, up in the snowy wilds of Norway, managed to find a bit of WiFi. Very excited to hear from you and will be in touch when I get back. I have managed to sort out the Wardens and the Johnson's and have lots more info on them. Looking forward to hearing from you.
                        Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X