Wish they'd leave Ancestry alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish they'd leave Ancestry alone

Why is it whenever they work on the trees it all goes wrong after ?
    I am trying to add stuff to my tree and it keeps reverting to the new search which I hate ,if I want it I want to choose it myself .
    Plus when going back to the named person I am adding stuff to I am getting names I have not got in my tree ???????????????????????
    If it aint broke dont fix it PLEASE.

I've not had any problems with my tree
    PAT

Comment

have you been on tonight Pat ??? every single search I am doing is automatically going to the new search and when you click on old search you get taken to the home page so have to type in all the details of the person in your tree you are looking for records for ???

Comment

My search pages are still using the old search. Everything seems to be the same for me.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks Wendy I am pulling my hair out here I just went to the home page to search a reference on 1891 and that too went straight to the new search with no option for putting the census reference in ? so frustrating

Comment

Like you Val I'm tearing my hair out with Ancestry keep reverting to new search, driving me nuts, I hate it!
            Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

ooh Vivienne I just changed my browser to Google and its working fine now ???? must be an IE fault ???

Comment

I keep going to that awful new search too. And when the name I'm looking for changes spelling with every census I can't even do an exact search. So far I've had Linas, Liness and Lyness!
                Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

drives you mad doesnt it ???? maybe we should all complain ? I would like the choice which is what I had before they messed about with the trees on Wednesday.

Comment

The 'Old Search' is still working fine for me...? I'm the same can't abide the new search at all.

Comment

can I ask what browser you are using ????

Comment

I'm using Mozilla Firefox Val, so perhaps it is IE that has the trouble?

Comment

thanks Richard seems like it then ?

Comment

Working...
                          X