Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gale 19th Century Newspaper Database?

Hi,
    Recently, someone has been helping me find extracts about my Ancestor, Timothy Hill (1843-1892) who born and died in wolverhampton and was a Town Crier and Baliff. She found alot of extracts in the Birmingham Daily Post about him, shes sent me a few, and there all about him being in some form of Trouble. How do I gain access to this Database? or can someone else help me to find out more about him?

Regards,
    Joel Fraser

I joined my local library and the library card lets me go online thru the county council website and look at 19th century newspapers - cant honestly remember if its the gale lot of newspapers though.
    Angelina

Comment

Ahh i See, i have my library card with me, it's a walsall one, so would i have to go on the staffordshire council website?

Comment

If staffordshire is your local county council then yes. go to their library section online and see what it says about access to online databases - you may need a code eg 3 letters then your library card number to access the databases. if you get stuck ring your library up and ask them if an ordinary library card will do or if you need an online one too. maybe they will know what the code is to get on their database online.
        Angelina

Comment

found this link

its for walsall council so you can go direct to the 19 th century newspapers and then look for the ones you want. if you library card number doenst work then ring the library and ask for the code to get into their database.
          hope it works .
          Angelina

Comment

I recently discovered I could access from home with my library card. All I had to do was get a city card for Nottingham rather than my local library card and I was away. You can try quite a few combinations in the search besides just a name and find some very detailed articles as well as BMD's
            Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
            X