James Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Priest

Hello, This is my first post having only just stumbled upon this site.
    I have hit a brick wall with my family tree, having never known any of my grandparents its been a bit difficult tracing family ancestors.
    I am now at 1812 with what would have been my gr.gr. grandparents [ who i wrongly assumed would be from Yorkshire ]
    It seem s they were from Shropshire.
    James Priest born 1812 in Dawley, Shropshire,
    also his wife Emma Marridon born 1822. I have no info on either of these people and would greatly appeciate any help.
    thankyou Lynn x

Welcome to FTF.I'm sure you will get tons of help from the kind people on here so good luck with your request for help.
    There is some very good help and advice on this site too, click on the 'online research' button above to see all the sources that are known about and there may be some for Shropshire that you are not aware of.
    Margaret

Comment

hello Lynn and welcome

On the 1851 census Emma's father is listed as Maiden not Marridon, which is it?

Joyce

Comment

Hi,
        sorry for not getting back ,i am having so much trouble with my isp,as far as i know it is Marridon----Maridon, i did use to have ancestry,but, the price of it as got so dear, and im almost sure it was one or the other of these spellings,
        it just seemed to come to a dead end.
        Thanks for taking the time to help X

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Lynn

Are you 100% certain you are following the correct families back, especially since you never knew your grandparents? Without certificates it's so easy to pick the wrong family to follow.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Welcome, Lynn. Do you have a birth certificate for one of James and Emma's children? It would tell you what Emma's maiden name was (perhaps you already have it?)

I tried looking for a marriage for a James Priest and any Emma or Emily and non of the matches has a maiden name anything like Maridon (or variations).

Anne

Comment

I struggled to find any of them except on the 1851 census. Emma's father's name looks like MAIDEN or MARIDEN. It could be that Emma was married before she married James (and therefore married with a different surname). Or it could be that they didn't get married. Is James working away from home on later censuses?

It would help people to make a better search for you if you could say how James and Emma are connected down to your generation. Sometimes a fresh look back from the beginning can throw up something which was missed before.

Anne

Comment

Working...
              X