unsupported wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsupported wireless

I wonder is someone could please help. I have just switched on my laptop and this error message popped up.
    Error 104 unsupported wireless network detected.
    My router was switched on as it normally is when I log on - I turned it off and switched laptop (compaq HP) on and every thing was fine. Why would this message show now when I have never had it before?

Many thanks
    Last edited by 4711Tilly; 29-03-10, 11:34.

I've tried googling for this error, but can't make much sense of the answers! Sorry! I think you're going to need a more experienced techie...
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

My son Dave who works in IT, says you need to get a pro to look at it. He can't advise you without seeing it I'm afraid.

From googling the error, it looks as if a lot of people with HP machines have this problem.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you both for replying.

I also tried googling and couldn't make much sense of it too. I have logged in a few times today and it hasn't happened again; if it happens again I will take the laptop back to PC World - it is only 2 weeks old!!

Thanks again
        T

Comment

It could be just a glitch, Hp do have problems with their white listed wifi cards, if the fault returns if could make your lappy fail to load windows. The fix is complicated and not for the inexperienced to carry out, as you have only just bought the laptop I would return it if it happens again.
          Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Working...
          X