No announcement yet.

Calling All Myers From Leeds....Cohen from Canada needs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My source for the Fanny Harris in 1891 is from Find My Past and looking at the 1901 Isaac and Fanny Harris are still together with same birth details.

Yes Sekunda/Seccundy same person same birth details.
    WendyP

Comment

I do not have a birth year for Sam Cohen. I know he married Fannie in Montreal in 1914. I have their records. He must have been in his early 20's when he married, so let's say approximately 1892 (+ or - 5).

Comment

Who is Issac? He's never been mentioned before.

Comment

Re: Beatrice and Rebecca ...my thinking was they were the same person - both born 1897.
          In post 19 you also mention that there was a Martin - any idea when he was born as I couldn´t fit him in anywhere.
          Elaine

Comment

Yorksbmd has the marriage listed as Lewis M Seccundy to Martha Harris, so that's ok!

I don't wish to be rude or bossy (HAR HAR!) but wouldn't it be better to start another thread for the Cohens, so the information doesn't get confusing. Maybe keep this thread for the Myers?

OC

Comment

OC... bossy!! Never. ;)

Good suggestion about a new thread for the Cohens - feel free to start one Wendi.
              Elaine

Comment

OCH.....I just learned what a thread was yesterday and now you suggest starting another one??? Just kidding. I'm starting to enjoy the exchanges and encouragement in something that been in a quagmire for years. I'll start another thread. Even I'm confused, so I can't imagine what others who are reading it are feeling. Many thanks OC....brilliant idea as usual. Wendi

Comment

Dr. Martin Berger (d) was born in Canada and moved to the U.S. He was the son of Beatrice (or Rebecca as I've just found out). Beatrice/Rebecca was married to Joe Berger (d).
                  Wendi

Comment

issac Harris and Fanny Harris are married in the 1891 and are still together as Wendy p said in 1901. So they can be ignored.

So still looking for Martha Fanny Harris in 1891.
                    Karen

Comment

Wendi

Can you just clarify please - post 19 you say Martha Harris born 1810 is the mother of Betsy born 1872...she can't be!

OC

Comment

Thanks for query. Seems I have a problem with names here. There are duplicates of names because of family members naming offspring after deceased parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I'm unclear myself when it comes to Betsy's mother Martha. I'm not 100% certain of Martha's birthdate and I'm not sure if Betsy called herself Martha. From what seems to be discovered this afternoon, there are clear records stating Lewis Myer Seccundy married Martha Fanny Harris in 1891. Beyond that, I'm not at all certain of anything. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hiya Wendi,

Just popped in to say hello & glad to see you've made yourself at home at the mad house lol! I've found out today that my father was Fred Astair... so, it gives me a lead in another direction. So, good luck with your Cohen's ! & give me a shout if you find an Abraham Freedman/Cohen !

Wallaby
                          We should never forget them,
                          Because we would not be here today, but for them.
                          We should be proud, reflect, respect and always remember them.
                          Because we all have them…
                          Them… were our Ancestors.

Comment

I've "sort of" made myself at home. I'm really enjoying the interest and the help. I've never had that before. I called my aunt with some info. that someone found here and she almost fainted on the phone. She was alone and said, "it made her day." She's also encouraging me to press on, but she's really the only one that gives a ..........! I'm really glad to be in this mad house. It's so much fun! And I will keep you in my thoughts if I find an Abraham/Freedman/Cohen. No question about that! Thanks for the pop in.
                            w.

Comment

YOU are joking about Fred Astair???????????????? Fred Astair wasn't Jewish. LOL.

Comment

Erm, Fred Astaire WAS Jewish, but he wasn't Wallaby's dad, lol!

Wallaby just found out today that her dad, who liked ballroom dancing in his youth, carried on going to Tea Dances in his old age!

OC

Comment

Hi Wendi and Wallaby - just been reading through all the posts....Wallaby...looks like they'll be another book in a few years time!! :D

Wendi -
                                  You said that Lewis (Louis) Myers (d) and Betsy Myers parents were (I think) Benjamin Myers and Sarah Kates
                                  Not sure when the family got to the UK...there is this death record -
                                  Deaths Mar 1841
                                  MYERS Sarah Kaye Liverpool 20 240
                                  could be a coincidence, or Fanny's grandmother..

"I do have the Hebrew Marriage Authorization (only for Fannie and Samuel)"
                                  - do you have a translation of it? If not, I can help with the Hebrew..

Comment

Originally posted by wrechtsman View Post
                                    YOU are joking about Fred Astair???????????????? Fred Astair wasn't Jewish. LOL.
                                    Yes... I'm joking. My father is turning out to be a right Fred Astair. I was told he liked to go ballroom dancing in the 1930/40's & I've now found out today that he went to "Tea Dances" with a friend & neighbour (Eva Schrier) I've sent for her D.C to give a lead to her children, if she had any. She was a widow & if her husband died after 1984, then it could be that it was Mr & Mrs Schrier who rang me about April 1984 just before my father died, but would not leave their details. It's a long story, & this is your thread. So, I'll keep popping in, but you've got the best help possible here.

W

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                                      My source for the Fanny Harris in 1891 is from Find My Past and looking at the 1901 Isaac and Fanny Harris are still together with same birth details.

Yes Sekunda/Seccundy same person same birth details.
                                      Before I go, I just wanted to say that those little Labs look adorable Wendy. I really miss having a dog.

W

Comment

Right, another question!

What is your source for Betsy Myers? I mean, who told you that was her name? Do you have any birth certificates for any of her children?

If you get the marriage cert for Louis Myers Seccundy and Martha Fanny Harris, then that will give you the names of their fathers, as I am not sure you have the correct parents for those two people. (You have Louis Myers father as Benjamin Myers, who died in 1865...but Louis wasn' born till 1869, so something wrong there).

OC

Comment

Fred Astaire was Jewish. Well, that's another thing I didn't know. What was his real name...anyone know? Anyhow...very interesting about Wallaby's dad. Tea Dances? That must be an English thing. I'll have to ask my aunt if she remembers Tea Dances. A great movie title I think.

Comment

Working...
                                          X