Raymond Fredrick Baxter born 1922, Illford, Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond Fredrick Baxter born 1922, Illford, Essex

Does any one know who the parents of TV presenter Raymond Frederick Baxter were. Apparently he is related to my husbands grandmother but as yet I cannot find the connection. He died in 2006 and obits say his father was a science teacher but not what he was called.

This is taken from Who's Who

"Born 25 Jan. 1922; s of Frederick Garfield Baxter and Rosina Baxter (née Rivers); m 1945, Sylvia Kathryn (née Johnson) (d 1996), Boston, Mass; one s one d ; died 15 Sept. 2006"
    Jackie

Comment

It looks as though Raymond's mother's maiden name was Retzabach.

There is a marriage of Frederick G Baxter to Rosina E Retzbach in 1917 West Ham.

Jane

Comment

Just been looking at Wikipedia with links to obituaries in various newspapers, but I guess that's where you've been looking.

Although there's details of a autobiography on there which could mention his family - perhaps you local library has a copy?

Here's the birth reg details - Mar qtr 1922 Raymond F Baxter Romford 4a 1032 MMN Retzbach

Comment

Thank you so much.
          x

Comment

My late uncle was also a journalist and at one time worked in the same newspaper office, long before Raymond Baxter became a TV personality.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I am still trying to find the connection with Raymond Baxter to my husbands Grandmother. She always said they were cousins. She was Milly Emily Taplin b 1904 Odiham, Hampshire. Her parents were Henry James Taplin 1866, Odiham, and Agnes Grigg b 1869 Hampshire. Any one any ideas?

Comment

Elizabeth Jane Grigg married Ernest Baxter b1861 London. Don't know anything else about him. Elizabeth was was sister of Agnes Grigg. So Ernest Baxter is the link to Raymond but I don't know how!!!

Comment

the only thing I can suggest is tracing Ernest forward to see where that takes you.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

He's on this site as well http://www.unithistories.com/officer...icers_B01.html

Comment

There's a Frederick Garfield Baxter, aged 29, born 1882, Romford, in the 1911 census and a
                      Rosina Retzbach aged 36, born Lewisham, 1875 and a Rosa Retzbach aged 30, born Romford, 1881.
                      Last edited by naomiatt; 06-03-10, 03:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X