No announcement yet.

FTM 2020 via Tesco deal vouchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats interesting I would get on to them again and tell them that , just a thought I assume you turned off your anti virus programme ?? I wonder if you have windows defender has it been disabled?? as even that can interfere with it good luck

Comment

I told Russ, and queried the fact that he had me uninstall/reinstall WSE 3.0 before installation (2 fixes ago) but when I put it on my daughters laptop, it installed that on hers at the same time. So, I uninstalled it from my computer and installed FTM again and sure enough it reinstalled WSE too, but unfortunately it still wouldn't let me into the programme so nothing actually gained there. He said there were no records of any conflict with my anti-virus, so I don't want to turn it off, there is no point as if it doesn't work with that I'll get rid of FTM before I change my anti-virus.
      Alison

Comment

I only meant to disable it while you installed the disc not while connected to the internet, its very odd I think I would probably give up too.

Comment

Have you still got it installed on your computer - if so my only other suggestion, if you haven't already done it, is to right click on the icon on your desktop and select "run as administrator" - just to see if that makes any difference.

Other than that I'm at a loss to make any other suggestions - and it looks as if Russ is in the same position!
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Have you still got it installed on your computer - if so my only other suggestion, if you haven't already done it, is to right click on the icon on your desktop and select "run as administrator" - just to see if that makes any difference.

Other than that I'm at a loss to make any other suggestions - and it looks as if Russ is in the same position!
            Yes Elaine, Russ just suggested I go back to the beginning and try things I have already done AGAIN ! I just don't see the point and think he has obviously run out of ideas, I did set up a test administrator account right at the start but it didn't work on that either. I don't have Defender by the way, so it isn't that.
            I have reduced the level of my anti-virus Val, but I have not turned it off, as installing it is not the problem it is opening it once it is on there. If my anti-virus was stopping it opening it would do it everytime I opened it and I'm not prepared to turn it off every time I want to use the programme. So I think I have to accept that I am not going to use FTM2010 and I will soldier on with Legacy, which I have to admit, I rather like, so I may buy the full programme (when I get my money back on FTM!) I can run it alongside Ancestry, do my searches on there and then manually transfer the info etc. Being a PC geneologist (Pre-Computer) I am used to doing things the long way, so its not too much work for me, I've already done a lot. Thanks for all the suggestions anyway.
            Alison

Comment

Working...
            X