Bracey marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracey marriage

I am trying to find out who Annie Bracey married. I know she was born 1868 Altofts, Wakefield and ended up at some time living in Hull around Margaret Street.
    She married a man who was in bed 26 years after an accident. He did torn paper patterns. Can anyone help?

Before she was married she last appears on the 1881 with her brothers and sisters at Cooperative Row Altofts, Yorkshire. (Rosina, Andrew, Ernest and Albert)

( Her brothers and sisters lived in various parts of the country after they were married: Sunderland, Hull Yorkshire, Wales
    I seem to have hit a brick wall

Well she seems to have been born as Ann, not Annie.

Did any of them end up in Cardiff?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Neath, Sunderland and Hull. She was supposed to live in Margaret Street, Hull at some point according to family memories.

Comment

Annie Bracey
        Sep 1889
        Cardiff
        11a
        what about this one ?

Comment

Just to say that it isn't the Annie & Frank MIDDLETON - her maiden name was FLETCHER - not just on account of the SiL in 1901, but that there's a marriage 1890q3 of Frank MIDDLETON & Annie FLETCHER, which ties in with the 1-mo-old son in 1891

Christine

PS - I take it that you don't know the married surname, and that's what we're after?
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Funny - I thought I had just posted this

Just to say that the only reason I mentioned Cardiff was because it was the only ANN marriage I could find. That one was in 1898.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              Annie Bracey
              Sep 1889
              Cardiff
              11a
              what about this one ?
              That looks a good possibility. The 2 male names for that registration are Francis John Collins and Albert Henry Wigmore.

1891 Wales census RG12, piece 4398, folio 104, page 66 has Annie Wigmore aged 22 born Altofts, as the d in law of Thomas Wigmore, wife of Albert H aged 27, clerk b Glamorgan. Also granddaughter of Thomas (and presumably Annie and Albert's daughter) is Elizabeth H aged 1 b Glamorgan

Jackie

Comment

Annie Bracey married to Albert Wigmore seems the right person. Thanks guys for yur hard work.
                Found one child Elizabeth Hester Wigmore March 1890 Cardiff. Hester is a name that crops up quite alot in the Bracey family. Elizabeth married John Bingham 1909 Cardiff, and I have found children Ernest James 1910-1989, John 1911-1912, Annie 1914 (not found death or marriage), and James 1916 -1997.
                Also found death of Albert Henry Wigmore 1921 Cardiff but what I cannot find is any census record for Annie or Albert Wigmore after 1891. Also I cannot find a death for Annie Wigmore either in Wales or Hull, Yorkshire( family said she lived Margaret Street, Hull)

Comment

I think this might be her in Cardiff on 1901 with daughter Lizzie (11) and son Ernest (9). The surname is written as Whitmore but it looks likely

Jackie

Comment

Yes you are right. How did you manage to do that/ what program are you using? Where is her husband???? I know he had an accident and was in bed for 26 years. Where are they in 2011?

Comment

I found them on Ancestry by using wildcards (I think I put in Ann* W*more born 1868 Yorkshire).

Haven't been succesful with finding Albert on 1901. I think this could be his death - Q/E June 1921 Wigmore Albert H aged 57 Vol 11a, page 341. If your family story is right about him being an invalid for 26 years then he would have had his accident before 1901. He could have been in an institution of some sort but I've no idea where.

As for the 1911, again I've tried various wildcards for them and nothing obvious has jumped out at me, but as I don't have a sub for 1911 I can't do a proper search
                      Jackie

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I have a 6mth sub for 1911 so will keep on seaching. They must be there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X