X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TDA records his ordination:
    The Times, Monday, Dec 24, 1866; pg. 5; Issue 25689; col F

The Times, Tuesday, Jul 30, 1872; pg. 12; Issue 27442; col B
    This article records his appointment to be London Diocesan Home Missionary.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Papers Past
      records his activities in NZ:

Nelson Evening Mail, Volume X, Issue 161, 3 July 1875, Page 2
      26 June at St John's, Wakefield, he married Mr Alexander WANN and Miss Jane TUNNICLIFFE.

Nelson Evening Mail, Volume XI, Issue 143, 8 June 1876, Page 2
      6 June at the Church of the Ascension, Motueka Valley, he married the Rev John SPEAR to Anne Augusta STANLEY.

Nelson Evening Mail, Volume XVII, Issue 9, 12 January 1882, Page 2
      records that the Diocesan Synod "place upon record their high appreciation of the faithfulness, zeal, and diligence of the Rev Charles Moon whilst in charge of the parochial district of Wakefield, Dovedale, Motueka Valley, and neighbourhood, and cordially wish him God's presence and blessing in any new sphere of ministerial labour to which he may be called."

Nelson Evening Mail, Volume XVII, Issue 106, 29 April 1882, Page 2
      records that he (now in England) was left a useful annual income from the estate of a parishioner in Wakefield, NZ.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Charles Moon

I know this is a really old thread but it popped up when I was searching Google for who I believe to be my 3rd Great Uncle Charles Moon. He was married to Emma Clara Eyton and had no children.

Originally posted by ajchambers8 View Post
        Surnames: baxter narraway moon eyton
        I am looking for members of these families. Names linked would be
        Charles Moon ( a man of the cloth)
        Percy Evelyn Narraway (worked with aviaton pioneers)
        Victoria Baxter (nee narraway) daughter of above
        Barbra baxter who married 'jack'
        Please contact me regarding this family
        Very best wishes Angela

Comment

My gg grandfather, Captain Thomas Eyton s/o William Eyton & Rebecca Hopkins
          had a brother Beresford, born 1792. I have Thomas's paternal line back 2-3 generations, his maternal line
          back 23+.....happy to share.
          My query; I have an unnamed , 5cm x 5cm picture, which I feel matches the 1824 portrait of Thomas
          and I think could be Beresford Eyton. Perhaps , one of his descendants may be be able to help?
          bobbar

Comment

Working...
          X