Probate Research in Texas (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate Research in Texas (I think)

I hope I am asking this in the right arena. Hopefully someone can help me with this request. I am trying to complete some family tree research and I have one person that I need to find out more on. I was given info about the persons last will & testament and need to verify it.

About 20 years ago, this person died in Hawaii but was buried in Texas. I believe the parents also lived in Texas.

I connot find any state registers for Texas for probate documents. Where do I need to go to find the persons will and/or probate?

Also, where would such a will be probated, in Hawaii or Texas???

Regards
    Genealogy Guy :conf:

I haven't explored the links to see if they are any help, but have you found the Texas page in our wiki?

Texas - Family Tree Forum

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

The Hawaiian Genealogical Indices link on this wiki page looks handy ..

Hawaii - Family Tree Forum
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

would they be held at County level rather than State level
        Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
        http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Yes, wills are probated at the county level in the state of residence. So if you know the county he lived in you could look for a website for that recorders office. They may or may not have on-line information but at least you should be able to get contact info. I'm not in Texas or I would help more.

Comment

Working...
          X