Aberdeenshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographs: Aberdeenshire

If anyone wishing any photographs within the Aberdeenshire Area. I am willing to cover up as far as Huntly and Keith.

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

Hi Raven.
    Any chance of a photo of Hillfoot Cottage, Oyne, it's at the foot of Bennachie. I used to live there in the late 70s.

Regards

Sailor

Comment

Hi Sailor,

That'll be no problem. Will see to it this week

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
      Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Hillfoot

Hi, im also interested in hillfoot my great great grandparents lived there from 1891-1931. I went up but at the end of the road on the left there is a cottage called hillfoot. This did not match the photo i have of what i think is hillfoot cottage. However the road forks and if you carry on there is a house called nursery cottage. In some info i have come accross on the internet it says nursery cottage formely hillfoot?? So im not sure what house is what. Sailor can you give any info on hillfoot and its history? I have a pic but like i say it may not be hillfoot. And can you copy me into any recent pics you get og it.xx suzi.

Comment

Hi sailor can you read my thread about hillfoot.x

Comment

Hi Suzi and Sailor,

will get up that way as soon as the weather clears up a bit...been awful here... xxxxxxxx

Raven's Wiki Page
            Raven's Family Tree

Comment

Hi Raven & Suzi.
              Sorry about the delay in answering but I am in the process of moving house from Spain back to Co. Durham, so I am sure you will appreciate the demands on my time and attention. As soon as we get in and the computer set up I will respond and thanks Raven for the offer of photographs. I have a booklet of poems by someone called Fordyce ( I think) who has some connection to "Hillfoot Cottage" so when I dig it out I will share that with you.

Regards

Sailor

Comment

Hillfoot Cottage

Hi Raven & Suzi.
                img037.pdfimg037.pdfimg037.pdfimg037.pdf
                Here is a photo taken from the book of poetry I mentioned earlier,as you can see it was taken in 1895 and that stone wall was still there when I lived in the cottage.

Regards

Sailor

PS Sorry about putting multi pictures in the post, I will try to do better next time.
                Last edited by sailor; 07-11-11, 20:24.

Comment

hi this is jim chippington i was brought up in nursery cottage 19 40 / 1948 grd son of tibby mcintosh ,,i think u are derek? havent seen u was it 1960ish i auchinairn rd is it u that keeps the headstone ok in oyne ps the photos are nursery cottage i have returnd home well close insch u can get me on skype or e mail email address removed .com all the best jim .
                  Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-06-12, 07:48. Reason: email address removed

Comment

Hi Jim,
                    Welcome to Family Tree Forum.
                    I have had to edit your post as we don't allow email addresses to be posted on the open forum.
                    If you click on Sailor's name to the left of his post you will see an option to send him a private message. He will then receive an email notification that you are trying to contact him.
                    Elaine

Comment

hi suzi i am new to this was ur gran a forsyth ? ,macintosh ,nursery cottage is the one strait on at the t junction hillfoot was the croft on the left it was rented by the laird to jock smith died 1940 ish then edie grassick went in my gran died 1946 nursery cott my uncle sandy same place 1948 the laird would not pass it on to my mum dad his plumber went in to the cottge with his wife the farm on the right is or was named horndyne rented by the donald family just after that the laird went bust the cottage was sold to the station master,the lairds shepard bought horndyne ect hin name was harry nicol i dont know when my gran went in to the cottage but it before 1931 she was prior to the first w war was ur gran maggie my grans sister sounds like it we should talk can u get me on skype all the best jim chippington now living in insch .. all the best jim...

Comment

Hi there,
                        I am now the Owner of the property Hillfoot Cottage. Nursery cottage was formerly known as Hillfoot cottage but now is known locally as Nursery Cottage. I wondered if it might be possible to collate any pictures and history of the area anyone may have as we are researching the history of our house and the surrounding land.
                        Jim I believe you visited us when we had just moved in? If it was yourself it would be lovely to meet with you again to share your knowledge or even a brief history via e mail.
                        Sailor when I click on your pictures the site won't let me view them, might it be possible to have them e mailed?
                        Kind Regards
                        Vikki

Comment

Sailor and Jim haven't been on the site for a while, but if you send them a PM (private message) by clicking under their names, they will receive an email to let them know that you want to contact them, so long as they haven't blocked the facility in their settings.

Welcome to the forum, I hope they get in touch soon.
                          Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                            Sailor and Jim haven't been on the site for a while, but if you send them a PM (private message) by clicking under their names, they will receive an email to let them know that you want to contact them, so long as they haven't blocked the facility in their settings.

Welcome to the forum, I hope they get in touch soon.
                            Hi Caroline and a happy new year.
                            I have sent answer to Vikki with a photo and asked her to let me know if she receives it OK, if not I will try another way.As you say I haven't been on the site for a while as I have run into a brick wall regarding my own family research.

Take Care

Leo

Comment

Hi Leo,

Many Thanks for getting in touch on here. Can I confirm where the picture was sent to as I have not received it as yet.

Best regards

Vikki

Comment

Will send it via e-mail.
                                Regards

Comment

e-mail unsuccessful will try posting it here.

RegardsHillfoot Cottage.jpg

Comment

Hi Leo, Thanks for posting the picture, when I click on the link though it says I don't have sufficient credits to view it or I am not authorised. Tad frustrating. Might I give you a different e mail address to send the picture to, if it's not too much trouble? I would also appreciate the picture previously posted in black and white and also the name of the book of poems by Fordyce with a view to finding a copy. Thank you again for all help so far.

Best Regards

Vikki

Comment

Hi Vikki.
                                      Please send your other e-mail address to the one I gave you and I will try to send the photos again.
                                      I think the booklet was "The Back Of Bennachie" but I haven't found it yet.

Regards

Leo

Comment

Hillfoot?

Hillfoot family
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X