Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeenshire

Blog Entries

Aberdeenshire

If anyone wishing any photographs within the Aberdeenshire Area. I am willing to cover up as far as Huntly and Keith.

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

Hi Raven.
    Any chance of a photo of Hillfoot Cottage, Oyne, it's at the foot of Bennachie. I used to live there in the late 70s.

Regards

Sailor

Blog Entries
    Hi Sailor,

That'll be no problem. Will see to it this week

researching Matchett, McFarland, Dick, Ewing, Koehler or Kohler, Nairn and Young.

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

Hillfoot

Hi, im also interested in hillfoot my great great grandparents lived there from 1891-1931. I went up but at the end of the road on the left there is a cottage called hillfoot. This did not match the photo i have of what i think is hillfoot cottage. However the road forks and if you carry on there is a house called nursery cottage. In some info i have come accross on the internet it says nursery cottage formely hillfoot?? So im not sure what house is what. Sailor can you give any info on hillfoot and its history? I have a pic but like i say it may not be hillfoot. And can you copy me into any recent pics you get og it.xx suzi.

Hi sailor can you read my thread about hillfoot.x

Blog Entries
    Hi Suzi and Sailor,

will get up that way as soon as the weather clears up a bit...been awful here... xxxxxxxx

Raven's Wiki Page
    Raven's Family Tree

Hi Raven & Suzi.
    Sorry about the delay in answering but I am in the process of moving house from Spain back to Co. Durham, so I am sure you will appreciate the demands on my time and attention. As soon as we get in and the computer set up I will respond and thanks Raven for the offer of photographs. I have a booklet of poems by someone called Fordyce ( I think) who has some connection to "Hillfoot Cottage" so when I dig it out I will share that with you.

Regards

Sailor

Smile Hillfoot Cottage

Hi Raven & Suzi.
    img037.pdfimg037.pdfimg037.pdfimg037.pdf
    Here is a photo taken from the book of poetry I mentioned earlier,as you can see it was taken in 1895 and that stone wall was still there when I lived in the cottage.

Regards

Sailor

PS Sorry about putting multi pictures in the post, I will try to do better next time.
    Last edited by sailor; 07-11-11 at 20:24.

hi this is jim chippington i was brought up in nursery cottage 19 40 / 1948 grd son of tibby mcintosh ,,i think u are derek? havent seen u was it 1960ish i auchinairn rd is it u that keeps the headstone ok in oyne ps the photos are nursery cottage i have returnd home well close insch u can get me on skype or e mail email address removed .com all the best jim .
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-06-12 at 07:48. Reason: email address removed

Hi Jim,
    Welcome to Family Tree Forum.
    I have had to edit your post as we don't allow email addresses to be posted on the open forum.
    If you click on Sailor's name to the left of his post you will see an option to send him a private message. He will then receive an email notification that you are trying to contact him.
    Elaine