Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeenshire

hi suzi i am new to this was ur gran a forsyth ? ,macintosh ,nursery cottage is the one strait on at the t junction hillfoot was the croft on the left it was rented by the laird to jock smith died 1940 ish then edie grassick went in my gran died 1946 nursery cott my uncle sandy same place 1948 the laird would not pass it on to my mum dad his plumber went in to the cottge with his wife the farm on the right is or was named horndyne rented by the donald family just after that the laird went bust the cottage was sold to the station master,the lairds shepard bought horndyne ect hin name was harry nicol i dont know when my gran went in to the cottage but it before 1931 she was prior to the first w war was ur gran maggie my grans sister sounds like it we should talk can u get me on skype all the best jim chippington now living in insch .. all the best jim...

Hi there,
    I am now the Owner of the property Hillfoot Cottage. Nursery cottage was formerly known as Hillfoot cottage but now is known locally as Nursery Cottage. I wondered if it might be possible to collate any pictures and history of the area anyone may have as we are researching the history of our house and the surrounding land.
    Jim I believe you visited us when we had just moved in? If it was yourself it would be lovely to meet with you again to share your knowledge or even a brief history via e mail.
    Sailor when I click on your pictures the site won't let me view them, might it be possible to have them e mailed?
    Kind Regards
    Vikki

Blog Entries
    Sailor and Jim haven't been on the site for a while, but if you send them a PM (private message) by clicking under their names, they will receive an email to let them know that you want to contact them, so long as they haven't blocked the facility in their settings.

Welcome to the forum, I hope they get in touch soon.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline View Post
    Sailor and Jim haven't been on the site for a while, but if you send them a PM (private message) by clicking under their names, they will receive an email to let them know that you want to contact them, so long as they haven't blocked the facility in their settings.

Welcome to the forum, I hope they get in touch soon.
    Hi Caroline and a happy new year.
    I have sent answer to Vikki with a photo and asked her to let me know if she receives it OK, if not I will try another way.As you say I haven't been on the site for a while as I have run into a brick wall regarding my own family research.

Take Care

Leo

Hi Leo,

Many Thanks for getting in touch on here. Can I confirm where the picture was sent to as I have not received it as yet.

Best regards

Vikki

Will send it via e-mail.
    Regards

e-mail unsuccessful will try posting it here.

RegardsHillfoot Cottage.jpg

Hi Leo, Thanks for posting the picture, when I click on the link though it says I don't have sufficient credits to view it or I am not authorised. Tad frustrating. Might I give you a different e mail address to send the picture to, if it's not too much trouble? I would also appreciate the picture previously posted in black and white and also the name of the book of poems by Fordyce with a view to finding a copy. Thank you again for all help so far.

Best Regards

Vikki

Hi Vikki.
    Please send your other e-mail address to the one I gave you and I will try to send the photos again.
    I think the booklet was "The Back Of Bennachie" but I haven't found it yet.

Regards

Leo

Hillfoot?

Hillfoot family
    Attached Images Attached Images