LDS reference help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDS reference help

I have a set of LDS references but I'm not sure where I go from here.
    Do I order films online or go to the local family history centre (only a couple of miles away) ?
    The information shows a few reference numbers for each entry. How do I use these ? For instance, for batch number C999041, I need to look up entries for 1848, 1865, 1868 and, 1869. Do I need to order 0070398 and 0070400 ? And how does Printout Call No 1125244 fit in, as this doesn't appear to link to the groups of dates ?
    Some have no Printout Call No - or no Printout Call No and no Source Call No. :conf:

Family Search Oct 2009.jpg

Can anyone help ?

(I looked through the FamilySearch website and the Wiki, but I can't find the answer - it's probably staring me in the face)
    Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham
    Warwickshire name: Hart
    German names: Peltz, Eichborn

Sorry couldn't read ref as they are too small. If you are looking at christenings , you can click on the batch no and then put the father and mothers names in the appropriate box click on search and all children christened by those parents in that churrch will come up. If you already knew this sorry.
    You order the films at the family history centre.

Comment

Thank you. I see that their Cardiff hours are Tue & Thur 10am-4pm, 7pm-9pm, so I'll give them a ring on Tuesday evening.
      Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham

Comment

I can't read the refs, sorry, but the ones you have quoted look dodgy to me, in as much as they are not "extracted" records - where did you get this list of references from, please?

You may not be able to view some of the submitted records, as they are Mormon Church records, not general church records, and are not available to non-church members.

OC

Comment

I don't know why the picture was so small.:conf: It was large and clear on my screen, but uploading it seems to have reduced the information. (Maybe it's like Mike TV in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory :Big Grin

This is a single reference (small again).

Julie Eichborn.jpg

They all have the message "Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record" or "Extracted marriage record for the locality listed in the record". Is this good or bad ?
          But one also says "No source document or additional information exists".
          The one I am least confident of says "Record submitted by a member of the LDS church. The record often shows the name of the individual and his or her relationship to the descendant ..."

Comment

the reason the images are so small is because you are using the sites paperclip to attach images, if you want to post bigger pictures you need to host via an external site such as Photobucket, if you are unsure how to use it, we have a detailed 'how to' visual guide that will help.

PS:

the bit that says extracted is a good sign, it means that they came from the actual parish records. the submitted one could be pure fiction, so caution is needed. (though it is possible that it is correct and should still be checked with the parish records)
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-10-09, 22:55.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X