Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At last - Ancestry LMA records worth using!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last - Ancestry LMA records worth using!!!

London Marriages and Banns 1754-1921
    London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 - Ancestry.co.uk

and

London Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1538-1812
    London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 - Ancestry.co.uk

Sadly I have to work this morning but will rush home....:Big Grin:
    Sue

Well that will save me a few pounds!! :D
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Oh Sue how wonderful:smilee: thanks for pointing it out:smilee: Just found something I badly needed to confirm:smilee:

I'd better wash up breakfast stuff now & get off to work:emb:

Comment

Ooh, thanks for that Sue. That should keep me busy today!
        The Marriages & Banns database seems to be fully indexed, but from what I can see of the Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 database you need to search each parish individually.
        Elaine

Comment

Having said that, I have just looked up two of mine, even though I have already got the marriage certificates. One of them has the image missing - the only bit to be filmed is the very top of the entry, and on the other it has the wrong image!
          Not a good start! :Big Grin:

Edit: Just found another three with either the wrong or incomplete image. Seems such a shame when a lot of time must have been spent filming these records. I can see the report problem button being used rather a lot!
          Elaine

Comment

Wonderful I have found 3 already but I have to go to work.

Comment

Great! Well, I can see I won't get much done this morning! :smilee:
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I was looking for Blackshaw marriages and found this one:

(3rd one down)
                Blackshaw - London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 - Ancestry.co.uk

I wonder what they actually used?
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:
                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

ive found two of mine. are they detailed? or just the simple, both of this parish kind of thing?

Comment

I've found 8 references to my Tivers in the marriages, but my membership level won't let me access them :(
                    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

This is going to save me a fortune - I'm getting marriages for siblings of direct ancestors and therefore no need at all for certificates, with the same amount of information! :smilee::Big Grin:
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

thankyou so much for putting this link up here - just found a missing first spouse and then found her death only few months later. another piece of the jigsaw completed.
                        thanks again
                        Angelina

Comment

Excellent!!

though they have my ann larkins as ANN LASKIN and her husbands year of birth as 1865!! when thats the year he flippin married!!

lol!!

who transcribed this lot??
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie, there are so many on there who married in the year in which they were born! Absolutely stupid!

However, it's great - and the parish registers too, although a lot of them only go up to 1812.
                            Elizabeth
                            Research Interests:

Comment

oooh that might be helpful then... I wonder.......might help chip at a problem thats been niggling me for a long while..

EDIT: nope they are too early for me yet... rats!
                              Last edited by Darksecretz; 15-09-09, 10:59.
                              Julie
                              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have found some but when I look at the image it does not show just part of a differnt image

Margaret

Comment

I've found some of those as well Margaret - really annoying.
                                  Elaine

Comment

I have just changed to the PC which didn't have the enhanced viewer installed, having viewed complete ones on the laptop which did have it installed.

I have installed it now and am getting all the image showing. Using Firefox 3.5.3.
                                    Caroline
                                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemay View Post
                                      I have found some but when I look at the image it does not show just part of a differnt image

Margaret
                                      You have to view them using the enhanced viewer like Caroline says else you just get part of the image I'm afraid!

:smilee:

Joanie

Comment

I can't wait to get home to look - work computer just crashes all the time as we're still on explorer 5 or 6 and under pain of death we are not allowed to upgrade! :Big Grin:
                                        Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Working...
                                        X