Bedford RO Lookups-Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Peter
    Just wonderd If you got my info I sent you and if you have found anything yet
    Regards Pat

Comment

Hi Pat ,
      Sorry for the delay i have doing work placement and have not had time to get to get there , i will attempt to take a look soon , please bare with me.

Peter

Comment

Next time you're there - no rush, because it's been "hanging" for a while - I'd like to know what traces there are of the LANCASTER family in Chalgrave (near Dunstable).

My ancestors are John LANCASTER, and his wife, Sophia, née BRAY, m 16 May 1803, Dunstable
        I have a copy of a document, addressed to Chalgrave from Dunstable, dated 10 Jul 1813 (ref: P114/16/3), which is to do with a removal order for this couple and their three daughters (at the time), Mary, Eliza and Emily.
        Later children: Edwin bap 11 Apr 1814, Lucy bap 9 Apr 1817, Charles bap 24 Feb 1819, Sophia bap 25 Apr 1823, and William b 4 Jun 1826? bap 13 Oct 1826.

It would be interesting to know if there's any trace of the family in Chalgrave.

John was buried 8 May 1836, Dunstable, age 55 - but I don't know where he was born.
        Sophia was buried 5 Feb1846, age 68, Dunstable, St Peter - but I know only that she wasn't born in Bedfordshire.

This isn't something to spend lots of time on. If nothing "leaps out", then it will have to wait until I can get there and do some trawling.

thanks
        Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Peter, I wonder if you could check on the baptisms of three members of the Cheshire family, please. IGI has Rosa Mary, Amy Frances, and Walter William CHESHIRE all baptised at Pavenham on 23 December 1877. As they would all have been more than a year old I'm hoping that birthdates will be included in the register.

Hope you can squeeze this request in when you get a chance to visit the RO.

scuda
          Last edited by scuda; 10-07-10, 15:42.
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Working...
          X