Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good morning ..can someone confirm my findings please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good morning ..can someone confirm my findings please !

good morning..
    I have invited Ozlibby off another site to join us here on FTF
    Libby is looking for the dob and parents of Mary Sillitoe b 1859 Neston...
    I have her babtism on CPRDb...
    also in the 1871 census in Gayton , Neston is a very likely match to her family...on CPRDb the first 2 in this family are born LIVERPOOL but babtised Neston...there is also an older child b 1849 on CPRDb....IF it`s the right family...because of the 2 L`pool births I checked for a marriage of Marys parents in Liverpool and came up with a match......if some kind soul would backtrack on my findings and could we see if they match...I am expecting Libby to post in an hour.(or maybe tomorrow if it`s too late in Australia)....anyway...if anyone has any free time I would appreciate someone checking for me....cheers...allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Well the first thing I would start with is finding a Mary Sillitoe born c1859 Neston on a census ... and at the moment I can't!

How does Libby know that Mary was born in Neston?
    Did Mary marry in the UK - does Libby have the marriage certificate?

Allan, have you found her on a census - if so can you give some details please.
    Elaine

Comment

Hiya Elaine ..thanks
      RG10 3739/33/36 Gayton Mill ,Gayton ,Neston ,Wirral
      do you want me to post what I have found ?....allan

added...Libbys original posting stated
      I am looking for the dob and parents of Mary Sillitoe Neston Wirral NES/7/35 b1859
      ....allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 17-08-09, 12:42.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Thanks Allan. Have found that - but before starting to work back I would need some proof that we have the right family, for example a marriage certificate for Mary which states father is Daniel. Do you know where and when Mary married, or if indeed she did? In my mind you need something to tie her in with this family before working back!

Having said that, if Libby knows this is the right family then there is a christening on Family Search pilot site which could be the right one:

Mary Sillitoe, christened Heswall, Cheshire 6th March 1859, parents Daniel and Mary. Occupation for Daniel - labourer. (Image of parish register available to view).
        Elaine

Comment

Is this the possible marriage you have found Allan

Marriages Sep 1848
          BARLOW Mary
          SILLITOE Daniel
          Liverpool 20 297

If so this could be Daniel and Mary in 1851, mistranscribed on Ancestry as Stiteton.
          HO107; Piece: 2177; Folio: 455; Page: 41
          - Ancestry.co.uk
          Elaine

Comment

you must be a mind reader....did you hear me cussing ?
            JUST had a PM from Libby
            Mary Sillitoe marries William Hayes 1882 Liverpool(she dies 1912)...she doesn`t have Marriage cert but knows it to be right......Libby has just registered 30 mins ago so I`m waiting for her to come on line and join in on this post.....allan

Comment

yes Elaine...thats the marriage I have found...allan;)
              ADDED...IS Hannah with them on 1851 census?....allan
              Last edited by garstonite; 17-08-09, 13:14.

Comment

I found the family babtims on CPRdb - Version v3.3 - 7 March 2005 ..database / babtisms...allan

Comment

Libby was waiting in the queue waiting to be accepted as a member - have just pressed the button so she should now be able to post on the forum!
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                    ADDED...IS Hannah with them on 1851 census?....allan
                    1851 census shows
                    Daniel - age 28
                    Mary - age 29
                    - no children listed
                    Elaine

Comment

Struggling to find Daniel and Mary in 1861 census.
                      Elaine

Comment

she has JUST posted at 1249 pm that she has Marys marriage cert and Marys father is William Sillitoe occ Labourer..mother ????...sorry Elaine...so all that was for nothing...I`ll start again...be back later hopefully....allan:(

Comment

Does Libby have the 1891 and 1901 census - or does she know anything about Mary and William Hayes - any children - where were they living - year and place of birth for William? Why does she think Mary was born in Neston? Where was she living when she married? Who were the witnesses?
                          Elaine

Comment

Libby....when you read this could you clarify ..
                            you quote Mary Sillitoe b Neston 1859 Nes /7/35
                            you state father William occ labourer on Marys Marriage certificate to William Hayes in 1882 in Liverpool....so we are looking for Mary Sillitoe , father William in Neston in 1861 census....does that make sense ?....allan....added
                            Hi Elaine...find it strange that Mary would marry in Liverpool unless she moved there....allan

Comment

From one Oz Libby to another....I'd just like to say Welcome.....

Comment

The only Mary Sillitoe with Wiiliam as father on the LDS is a Christening 20th May 1860 ~ Habergham-Eaves, Lancs.

Mlother Alice Hargreaves

It is extracted
                                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Rachel......allan;)

Comment

I am not a Libby but am an Aussie so welcome Libby

Comment

OK taken from the 1878 Cheshire directory...
                                      William Charles Sillitoe 30 Stanley rd New Ferry,Wirral.....it`s not too far from Neston...can we see if Mary Sillitoe b 1859 Neston is at this address in the 1871 census,,,Mary would be 12 on this census....allan;)

Comment

Ancestry keeps saying it's busy

Meanwhile, Is Neston in Lancs ? some of us are not very good with Counties north of London (or anywhere else really !)
                                        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                        X