Lancs opc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancs opc

Is anyone else having trouble with this site? When I try to get on it I get a message telling me the account has been suspended.
    Fran

I get the same message, Fran.
    Elaine

Comment

I'm getting the same message. I suspect it's just a temporary problem, as it was working fine yesterday and has been updated in the last couple of days as well. I did notice that their search facility hasn't been available for the last week or two though.
      Sarah

Comment

Just found this on Rootschat:

Hi Folks

Recently we changed hosts. Its a long story, but this new host appears to be nothing but trouble.
        We are working to resolve issues, but these things can take time.
        I can give you no definite time, but we will be back just a soon as possible. And hopefully with our Search facility restored.
        Thanks you all for your patience.

Regards, Paul Dixon
        Carrollton, Texas
        Co-ordinator, Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks

Lancs OPC Suspended??? Family History Local History
        Sarah

Comment

There is a message on rootschat from one of the Lancs OPC coordinators:

Hi Folks
          Recently we changed hosts. Its a long story, but this new host appears to be nothing but trouble.
          We are working to resolve issues, but these things can take time.
          I can give you no definite time, but we will be back just a soon as possible. And hopefully with our Search facility restored.
          Thanks you all for your patience.
          Regards, Paul Dixon
          Carrollton, Texas
          Co-ordinator, Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks

- so looks like a temporary problem.

Lancs OPC Suspended??? Family History Local History
          Elaine

Comment

Too slow! :D
            Elaine

Comment

Thank you everyone.
              Fran

Comment

Elaine - This keeps happening to us lately - posting the same thing at the same time! :D
                Sarah

Comment

I belong to a small forum which makes huge use of this facility.

One of the members has told us to re-enter the address - don't use links or addresses saved in favourites.

She SAYS that works...but, erm, not so far for me!

OC

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion OC. Just tried it and it doesn't work for me either.
                    Sarah

Comment

There is a temporary workaround, using the wayback machine (I've tried it and it works).

Enter the name you're searching for in Google, followed by site:web.archive.org/web/20080202152423/http://www.lan-opc.org.uk

When the results come up, instead of clicking the usual link, click on Cached.

Comment

Thanks Mary....I'll try that.....but if it doesn't work, I'll have to resort to sorting your family. I can't be without Lancs OPC for long.

Comment

Too kind

Comment

Looks like the Lancs OPC site is back online , although the search facility's still not working.
                            Sarah

Comment

While the search facility isn't working, put your search term into google followed by site:www*lan-opc.org.uk to search the whole Lancs OPC site. (replace the asterisk with a dot)

Comment

Yes, of course you can still search the site using that method. It also works if you leave out the www. by the way.
                                Sarah

Comment

Working...
                                X