Look up please for 1828 Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look up please for 1828 Australia

Unfortunately I only have Ancestry for the UK. Could someone have a look at 1828 - New South Wales Australian Census at a Daniel Wells born about 1792. I found it by just inputting Daniel Wells born 1791 in Search all records. I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance

Ayse

Have you tried the tail end of the World Vital Records freebie? (finishes midnight tonight western mountain time - or something). It just might be on there, tho' unlikely.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have pm'd you

Bubblebelle
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

deleted

Bubblebelle
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Daniel Wells arrived on the Morley in 1818.
          In 1828 he was 28 years old and worked as a labourer and landholder.
          Residence was Ed. Wright, Camden.
          His sentence was 7 years so a free settlet by 1828.

Comment

His death (in 1864) is on NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages :

1363/1864 WELLS DANIEL AGE 65 YEARS DIED SYDNEY

Comment

I'm very curious about this - I had no idea that any Australian censuses were available apart from the 1841 - in fact the NSW State archives says "records of individuals' names have only survived for the 1841, 1891 and 1901 censuses".

Does anyone know if the 1891 and 1901 censuses are available anywhere?

Comment

My understanding was that the Australian census information, at detailed level, was destroyed - only the statistical level was retained.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

That's what I thought too, but #7 is quoted from the NSW State Archives site.

Comment

Working...
                  X