Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Sorry Chinch, I thought Colnbrook was part of Horton, but checking online I see the RO should have some Colnbrook registers. I'll have another go.
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk
    CANNELL, GORBEL, GOWING/EN, SALLOW, JOHNSON -Norfolk HAYES - Co.Offaly ROI

Quote Originally Posted by Oakum Picker View Post
    Sorry Chinch, I thought Colnbrook was part of Horton, but checking online I see the RO should have some Colnbrook registers. I'll have another go.
    Hi Glen, thank you. It's strange as the birth certificate does say that Gladys was born in Colnbrook, Horton! I suppose there have been many boundary changes over the years. Thanks for having another try for me, I appreciate it. Kind regards, Chinch.

Hello again, Glen, I just wondered if you had managed to take another look at the records for Colnbrook? I don't want to sound impatient but wasn't sure if you would contact me direct or put a post on this site . Sorry if you haven't had time yet!!! lOOK FORWARD TO BEARING FROM YOU. Best wishes, Chinch.

Sorry Chinch, not yet. I don't go in very often & the RO is only open Tues - Thurs. I'm a bit busy for the next couple of weeks but I'm hoping to go in on Oct 12. If I find anything I'll put it on this thread but I'll PM you to let you know it's there
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk

Hi Glen, thanks so much for this and sorry for being impatient. You are very kind. Chinch.

I popped into the RO today & took a look at the Colnbrook registers. I checked until 1924 in case there was a late baptism but nothing for Gladys.

Her grandfather Edmund Rixon WOODBRIDGE did baptise 2 children he had with his 2nd or 3rd wife, Blanche Isabelle Fanny FRITH, a quick look online failed to reveal his marriage to Mary Ann SPARROW.

They were both baptised 1 Apr 1915, Vera Dora was born 24 Mar 1912 & Queenie Doris 5 Apr 1913. They were living at Bridge Street. Vera died later that year but Queenie went on to marry in 1938.

Sorry it's not the info. for which you were hoping .
    Last edited by Oakum Picker; 12-10-17 at 20:47.
    Glen

I popped into the RO today & took a look at the Colnbrook registers. I checked until 1924 in case there was a late baptism but nothing for Gladys.

Her grandfather Edmund Rixon WOODBRIDGE did baptise 2 children he had with his 2nd or 3rd wife, Blanche Isabelle Fanny FRITH, a quick look online failed to reveal his marriage to Mary Ann SPARROW.

They were both baptised 1 Apr 1915, Vera Dora was born 24 Mar 1912 & Queenie Doris 5 Apr 1913. They were living at Bridge Street. Vera died later that year but Queenie went on to marry in 1938.

Sorry it's not the info. for which you were hoping .

Hi Glen and thank you so much for looking for me. I appreciate you taking the time.
    I did have this information but who is Mary Ann Sparrow? I have never heard of her before! Do you know the dates of this marriage to Mary Ann? Oh, sorry, this is his first wife with whom he had 2 children maybe? I didn't know her surname so got a little confused, sorry.
    Thank you again, Glen.

The GRO online index shows the 2 children's mother has the maiden name SPARROW. In fact she was born before her parents married & was registered as ATKINS.
    Glen

The GRO online index shows the 2 children's mother has the maiden name SPARROW. In fact she was born before her parents married & was registered as ATKINS.

Oh, this is something new to me. Thank you, Glen for this.
    CHINCH.

Hello
    I'm doing one of my occasional dashes in to FTF - a bit of a renegade at the moment, though I recommend the site whenever I can.

I'm researching a tree for a friend, and hoping to make a presentable version of her half (his name has been very well researched, and I seriously doubt that I could possibly contribute anything new) in time for my OH to take to their Golden Wedding celebrations in mid-March - sadly, I was already committed to a professional singing engagement (fortunately, our friends understand what that means, and aren't offended). Anyway...

FMP has a transcription of a wedding on 31 May 1834 in Upton Cum Chalvey. It's from BTs, and has the ref D/A/T/173 p129. The names are William DENCHER (transcribed as William DUNCHER) and Ann CLEGHORN, both of Dorton. The witness names are transcribed as Wm CLEDHORN & Harriet PHAIR

If there's any chance of checking that - an image (BTs or PR) would be wonderful - I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks.
    Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Singing with Harrow Phil Choir for "Voices for Hospices"