Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Anybody have any specific events they want looked up?
    Glen

Glen

I am soooo in your debt. Could you check a baptism for me in Farnham Royal between 15 May and 1st July 1850 for JOHN WILLIAM CHOWNS?

John was born illegitimate 15 May and died 1st July. No father is listed on his birth cert but I am hoping there might be a clue in his baptism.

Many thanks.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell,

They are shut Mondays & I'm out on Tuesday so I'll do it sometime later next week.
      Glen

Comment

Thank you for your kind offer.

John Cummin(g)s married Ann King on 20/12/1784 in Monks Risborough. I'm trying to find out who their parents were. I'm hoping they were also baptised in Monks Risborough around 1764. Would you be able to take a look please?

Jane

Comment

I'll do that Jane.
          Glen

Comment

Bledlow Baptism Look Up / Ickford or Bledlow marriage look up

Glen, what a great offer, thank you in advance.

If it isn't too much trouble please could you look up a baptism record in Bledlow for Daniel BUTLER, born around 1797 according to census info.

I'm also interested in finding the marriage between Daniel BUTLER and Sarah UNKNOWN. At a guess it would have taken place in Ickford as this is where Sarah was born, according to census. But I guess her family could have moved to Bledlow and that's how she met Daniel, so maybe worth trying Bledlow as well. As far as I can work out from the 1841 census their first child was born in 1827, but I imagine there might have been earlier children who had left home by the time of the census.

I'd also like to have a baptism look up in Bledlow for Sarah BUTLER, their daughter, who, according to census records, was born in 1835.

Please let me know if this is too much trouble, as I do try to get to Aylesbury occasionally, although my baby has a pretty short boredom threshold!

I've tried to see if the Bledlow registers are available on CD but haven't had any luck so far.

Thank you, Helen

Comment

No problem Helen. I'll get back to you next week.
              Glen

Comment

Anyone else?
                Glen

Comment

My great-grandfather has gone missing, between 1901 and 1911. His name is John Newton, he was born 5 October 1831 in Princes Risborough. I have information on him, his wife Mary, and their children in the census until he was last seen in 1901 as a Farm Ag L, age 71, widowed, Great Kingshill, Hughenden. My grandparents married in 1911 and John was deceased according to their marriage certificate; I know that deceased isn't always true but I cannot find him in the 1911 census nor can I find his death registration. He was in Hughenden from 1871.

If you come across any mention of him - perhaps if there are burial registers from 1901 for Hughenden? - I would be most grateful to know what happened to him. Many thanks.
                  Joy

Comment

I'll certainly have a look Joy.
                    Glen

Comment

Hello Glen,
                      would it be possible for you to look for a baptisim for a Thomas Copcutt born 1811 Waddesden. It is possible it might be a Methodist baptisim as he ended up being a Primative Methodist preacher.

I'd very much like to know dates and parents and any other info the baptisim may throw up.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                        I'll certainly have a look Joy.
                        Thank you. If you want more specific information, just ask, and I'll send it to you.
                        Joy

Comment

Peppie - There is a Methodist church at Waddesdon but I don't know if it's 200 years old. I'll see what I can find.

Joy - I'll look at Hughenden. If there's anywhere else, let me know.
                          Glen

Comment

What a lovely offer I am looking for a marriage of Thomas Puzzey/Pusey to Hannah?? about 1830 in Horton/Colnebrook. Thomas lived in the Horton/Colnebrook area during his married life and his childrem were christened in Colnebrook. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Jac - I'm not sure that Horton is in Bucks: my atlas says Berks. Also the list of parishes shows only one Horton & I know there's one near Leighton Buzzard. I'll check it out though & certainly have a look at Colnbrook.

Peppie - Doesn't look as though the RO holds the Waddesdon Methodist records but I'll do my best.
                              Glen

Comment

That's great Glen.. Chances are it might have been a Cof E christeing and then he converted, I know he used his house as a church as he then left it in his will, after the newer one was built.

If you wouldnt mind asking who holds any methodist historical records for the area if they dont? I'd love to find them and have a nosey :o

Comment

There is a Horton in Bucks just outside Colnebrook. I really appreciate your help

Comment

Any more?
                                    Glen

Comment

Hello Glen
                                      Thank you for your kind offer, I've been a bit stuck with this!!

Please could you look up the birth of Julius Spencer 1807 in Wooburn, Bucks, I would love to find out who his parents were. Also could you see if his wedding is listed in Bucks. He married Sarah MacKrell. I guess the date would be about 1832 as their first child John was born in 1833. Not sure if the wedding will be in Bucks as John was born in Cookham, Berks.

Many thanks!
                                      Last edited by Frazzled; 11-08-09, 22:44. Reason: Wrong dates and name for Julius' son!

Comment

Frazzled,

Will do what I can.
                                        Glen

Comment

Working...
                                        X