Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Hello Glenn

I hope you are keeping well.

I've got another request for you next time you happen to be at the records office, no rush, as I always say, the ancestors have been dead for years!

I have a marriage (on the IGI) in Edlesborough, Bucks, on 5th March 1794, between George OSBORNE and Mary PLUMMER. Please could you have a look at this to confirm, and let me have any other info if there is any.

I've also got possible baptisms on the IGI for their children:
    Edward 1794, Mary (my ancestor) 1796, Joseph 1798 and Ruth 1803.

I'd be interested to know if there are any possible baptisms for George OSBORNE and Mary PLUMMER, to try to trace them back further. Mary my ancestor, their daughter, is down on census as born Dagnall, which is only a mile or two from Edlesborough.

Mary OSBORNE married a John SMART in Tring, so this is where the Bucks trail goes cold, until their son Jonathan SMART marries Jane TYLER in 1846 in the Berkhampstead District (so again Herts, not Bucks).

The 1851 census has Jane SMART (nee TYLER) age 26 and born in Long Crendon, the 1861 has her age 36 born in Chearsley.
    In 1871 she is in Long Crendon with Thomas Crook 48, Jane Crook 26, plus their children.
    Jane SMART (nee TYLER)'s niece Kate, is on the 1871 census with another Crook family in Long Crendon, Robert 40 and Ellen 44.
    However I can't find the CROOK / TYLER connection.
    I suppose it's possible that Jane TYLER was married before she married Jonathan SMART?

As always, thank you in advance, and no hurry.

Helen

Good to hear from you Helen, I'll see what I can find. I'm not sure when as requests are few & far between these days but hopefully in the next week or so.

The SMART/TYLER marriage is on FMP & Jane is single. If you can't access it, pm me your email & I'll send a copy.
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk
    CANNELL, GORBEL, GOWING/EN, SALLOW, JOHNSON -Norfolk HAYES - Co.Offaly ROI

Quote Originally Posted by Oakum Picker View Post
    Good to hear from you Helen, I'll see what I can find. I'm not sure when as requests are few & far between these days but hopefully in the next week or so.

The SMART/TYLER marriage is on FMP & Jane is single. If you can't access it, pm me your email & I'll send a copy.
    Thank you Glenn. I don't have FMP access at the moment, so yes please, I will pm my email address. Just got Ancestry currently. Thank you.

Hi Helen,

I popped in to the RO this morning for an hour & checked the database. There are very few OSBORNE events within 5 miles of Edlesborough.

I can confirm the marriage date & place. George & Mary were both otp & made their mark. Banns read Nov 17, 24, Dec 1 1793. Wit: John LUCK (X) William GINGER (serial signer) There is no indication that this is a 2nd marriage.

I can also confirm the baptisms of the children - no additional information.

The only George baptised in Edlesborough was the son of John & Judith 12/6/1748. He seems likely to be the George who married an Elizabeth & had a couple of children in the 1770s. I didn't have time to check the burials to see if it was feasible that Elizabeth had died & George remarried.

There was no baptism for Jane TYLER in Chearsley & no CROOK/TYLER marriage in Buckinghamshire. When I have more time I'll investigate further. The problem with Edlesborough is that it's close to Herts & Beds & Chearsley is close to Oxon.
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk

Hi Helen,

I'm off to the RO in the morning so I thought I'd do a bit of background on your request so that I know what I'm looking for.

Although there's no baptism for Jane TYLER, Ancestry does have a bap. for Jane TAYLOR 1825 Long Crendon d. John/Mary & also for Thomas & John two of the other children on the 1841 census with Jane & her mother. The other child Henry was born in Chearsley, I couldn't find a baptism on line but I did find a burial there for John TAYLER in 1829 aged 38 - a likely candidate for Jane's father.

Following up John as TAYLOR not TYLER, Ancestry has a marriage for him in 1823 to Mary BRIARIS & this is the connection to the CROOKs. Thomas & Robert CROOK are brothers, sons of John CROOK & Elizabeth BRIARIS.

Mary & Elizabeth were both born Wheatfield, Oxon so are likely sisters which would make Jane & Thomas cousins. I expect you know the Oxon PRs are coming out on Ancestry in October so that should help with that line.

I'll try to confirm everything tomorrow.
    Glen

Hi Glen, not sure if your very kind offer of help still stands as it looks like a long time ago and I have only just found this site! I wonder if you could look and see if you could find a baptism for Gladys Woodbridge born in 1915, the address on the birth certificate says Bridge Street, Colnbrook, Horton, Buckingham. Her Mother was Mabel Dorothy Woodbridge, no Father.
    Thanks so much .

Hi Chinch,

I won't be in town until next week now but happy to take a look for you.
    Glen

Hi Chinch,

I won't be in town until next week now but happy to take a look for you.
    Hi Glen, thank you so much for this. I will await your findings with fingers crossed! Thanks again. Chinch

Quote Originally Posted by CHINCH View Post
    Hi Glen, not sure if your very kind offer of help still stands as it looks like a long time ago and I have only just found this site! I wonder if you could look and see if you could find a baptism for Gladys Woodbridge born in 1915, the address on the birth certificate says Bridge Street, Colnbrook, Horton, Buckingham. Her Mother was Mabel Dorothy Woodbridge, no Father.
    Thanks so much .
    Sorry Chinch, the Record Office doesn't hold any Horton registers for that period. The registers will still be with the church.
    Glen

Sorry Chinch, the Record Office doesn't hold any Horton registers for that period. The registers will still be with the church.
    Hi Glen thank you so much for this. I did visit Colnbrook and asked at the local church but they tell me that the records aren't kept there. Perhaps she wasn't baptised? Anyway, thanks again. Kind regards, Chinch.