Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
    The Record Office don't hold the Waddesdon Methodist Registers & suggest you contact the church direct.
    This is the website for Methodist churches in the Aylesbury area. The person to contact is the Superintendent Minister. Methodist ministers move around, usually in August, so it may not be the same person.

Contacts - Aylesbury Vale Methodist Circuit
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
      What a lovely offer I am looking for a marriage of Thomas Puzzey/Pusey to Hannah?? about 1830 in Horton/Colnebrook. Thomas lived in the Horton/Colnebrook area during his married life and his childrem were christened in Colnebrook. Any help would be appreciated
      Colnbrook wasn't licensed for marriages until 1852. It was made up of 4 parishes, Horton, Langley & Iver in Bucks & Stanwell Middx. I searched those I could & also the Marriage Index but no sign of a marriage.

Have you seen the actual baptism entries? One shows godparents.

Also 2 yr old daughter Mary Ann in 1861 is the illegitimate daughter of Charlotte Frances.

Do you have Thomas Puzey's baptism?
      Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
        Hello Glen
        Thank you for your kind offer, I've been a bit stuck with this!!

Please could you look up the birth of Julius Spencer 1807 in Wooburn, Bucks, I would love to find out who his parents were. Also could you see if his wedding is listed in Bucks. He married Sarah MacKrell. I guess the date would be about 1832 as their first child John was born in 1833. Not sure if the wedding will be in Bucks as John was born in Cookham, Berks.

Many thanks!
        No sign of a marriage in Wooburn or the Index.
        However baptised:
        Julius s. John/Mary 23/12/1806

His parents:
        John SPENCER Wotp Mary REYNOLDS Sotp Banns 8/6/1806
        Wit: Edward ARIES? Robert GLENISTER Only Robert signed.

However when John married his first wife Ann STONEWELL by Banns 13/5/1798, he signed his name as did witnesses Daniel HARDING & William ?

No John SPENCER baptism there.
        Glen

Comment

Thank you so much Glen

I haven't been able to get any further than Julius for so long! You're a star!

Comment

Originally posted by Helen in Bucks View Post
            Glen, what a great offer, thank you in advance.

If it isn't too much trouble please could you look up a baptism record in Bledlow for Daniel BUTLER, born around 1797 according to census info.

I'm also interested in finding the marriage between Daniel BUTLER and Sarah UNKNOWN. At a guess it would have taken place in Ickford as this is where Sarah was born, according to census. But I guess her family could have moved to Bledlow and that's how she met Daniel, so maybe worth trying Bledlow as well. As far as I can work out from the 1841 census their first child was born in 1827, but I imagine there might have been earlier children who had left home by the time of the census.

I'd also like to have a baptism look up in Bledlow for Sarah BUTLER, their daughter, who, according to census records, was born in 1835.

Please let me know if this is too much trouble, as I do try to get to Aylesbury occasionally, although my baby has a pretty short boredom threshold!

I've tried to see if the Bledlow registers are available on CD but haven't had any luck so far.

Thank you, Helen
            Good news - I found the marriage in Saunderton BTs.
            Daniel BUTLER of Waterperry Sarah ALDERMAN otp Banns 21/10/1820
            Wit: William DARVILL Elizabeth BUTLER The wits. appeared to sign but as it was all in the same hand I don't know.

Children of Daniel & Sarah with births & baptisms:
            Susannah 21/7/1821 19/8/1821
            Sarah 29/3/1823 4/5/1823
            Mary 18/5/1825 12/6/1825
            Anne 31/3/1827 29/4/1827
            Elizabeth 22/1/1829 15/3/1829
            Daniel 7/8 1833 15/9/1833

All in Bledlow & Daniel a labourer.

There was a baptism for Stephen s. Stephen/Elizabeth 4/3/1764

Stephen BUTLER botp Elizabeth SALE sotp Banns 12/2/1759
            Wit: Daniel BUTLER Martha ? The men signed.
            Last edited by Oakum Picker; 20-08-09, 19:32. Reason: Hit wrong key.
            Glen

Comment

I'll get Mary's & Isaac's details tomorrow.

Do you have William's & Hannah's details?
              I couldn't find Isaac's burial nor the one for a Mary that I thought I saw yesterday.

NEWTON Burials in Princes Risboro'
              Hannah Summerleys Age blank 10/5/1851
              Samuel Summerleys 14 20/5/1851
              William Wycombe Union 75 12/3/1874
              Abel P.R 50 6/5/1875

Couldn't find any baptisms for Hannah PICKTHORN but in Monks Risboro'
              Hannah PICKTON d. Edward/Elizabeth 13/10/1800
              Glen

Comment

Peppie,

Didn't have time to do the other film - will look at that next week hopefully.
                Glen

Comment

Glen, thank you so much for all the Butler info, above and beyond the call of duty! Much appreciated. Helen

Comment

Glen, bit cheeky I know and please do say if this is too much, but another Bucks query for you if you have time.

Elizabeth WALKER born Princes Risborough (some censuses say Park Field which was a part of P Ris) approx. 1834
                    mother Mary UNKNOWN, from 1841 census, widowed on this census
                    father James WALKER, from Elizabeth's marriage cert

would like to find a baptism for Elizabeth to confirm parents' names
                    and also a marriage for the parents

Elizabeth's siblings from census (in case this helps): Ann 1832, William 1834, George 1835, John 1840, on the 1841 census there is also a Solomon WALKER age 22 who I guess could be a younger brother of James?

many thanks

Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                      This is the website for Methodist churches in the Aylesbury area. The person to contact is the Superintendent Minister. Methodist ministers move around, usually in August, so it may not be the same person.

Contacts - Aylesbury Vale Methodist Circuit
                      Thanks Uncle John!

Comment

Peppie,

Didn't have time to do the other film - will look at that next week hopefully.
                        Lovel Jubbly! thts very sweet of you

Comment

Ask away Helen - I've decided to look through my 5 films of Hitchin PRs again - it's been about 6 years. I have to take them to the RO, I shall be going once a week for at least 6 months so am happy to do Bucks lookups. In fact they have a database of events up to 1837 which I haven't got to grips with yet but should help - that's how I knew of the existence of the Daniel Butler marriage in Saunderton. The only problem is that the database is only on one computer so is very popular & there's no booking system.
                          Glen

Comment

I couldn't find Isaac's burial nor the one for a Mary that I thought I saw yesterday.

NEWTON Burials in Princes Risboro'
                            Hannah Summerleys Age blank 10/5/1851
                            Samuel Summerleys 14 20/5/1851
                            William Wycombe Union 75 12/3/1874
                            Abel P.R 50 6/5/1875

Couldn't find any baptisms for Hannah PICKTHORN but in Monks Risboro'
                            Hannah PICKTON d. Edward/Elizabeth 13/10/1800

Thank you very much.

Hannah died 5 May 1851 in Summerleys, Princes Risborough. Cause of death: 'Inflammation'. Not Certified', she was age 51, wife of William Newton, Labourer.

Samuel died 19 May 1851 in Summerleys, Princes Risborough. Cause of death: 'Decline'. Not Certified', he was age 14, son of William Newton, Labourer.
                            Comment from Eve McLaughlin, Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society: Possibly this was TB, which was a scourge which carried off young persons. And was 'catching' in the same household, by droplet infection, I think, rather than contagion.

William died 8 March 1874 in Wycombe Union Workhouse, Saunderton. Cause of death: 'Cancer in the Face', he was age 75, formerly a Farm Labourer.

Abel died in 1875. Registered June quarter Wycombe district, age 50.

I am in contact with a fellow Picton descendant who has given me much information from parish registers including:
                            Hannah Picton was christened in Monks Risborough, 12 October 1800. She married William Newton in Monks Risborough, 19 April 1824. She was the fifth child of Edward Picton and Elizabeth Wells
                            Joy

Comment

Hi Joy,

I see I'm giving you info. you already have so I'll wait until you ask for something more. I was intending to look at the Edward PICTON marriage next but I guess you have it if you know Elizabeth's surname.

I'll have another look for the burials of Isaac & Mary.
                              Glen

Comment

Hi Joy,

I see I'm giving you info. you already have so I'll wait until you ask for something more. I was intending to look at the Edward PICTON marriage next but I guess you have it if you know Elizabeth's surname.

I'll have another look for the burials of Isaac & Mary.

Edward Picton was christened in Great Kimble, 27 May 1764. He married Elizabeth Wells in Great Kimble, 18 May 1791.

If you can see Mary and baby Isaac, that would be brilliant, thank you.

Fanny Newton was born in Summerleys, Princes Risborough 15 September 1847. Fanny died 15 February 1866 in Princes Risborough, at 18 years of age. Cause of death: 'Inflammation with Spinal Affection', she was age 18, daughter of William Newton, Farm Labourer.
                                Could you kindly look for a burial for her, too, please?

James Newell was christened in West Wycombe, 16 June 1822. Parents: John and Sarah Newell. He married Anne Newton in Princes Risborough, 22 October 1849. James Newell, bachelor of Bledlow, labourer; father John Newell, labourer. Ann Newton, spinster of Summerleys; father William Newton, labourer. Anne was born in Princes Risborough 1 June 1827.
                                I have lost Anne after 1881 when they were in Hughenden - perhaps you could keep her in mind in case her name jumps out at you? :-)

Many thanks.
                                Joy

Comment

Hi Thanks so much for taking the time to look for the marriage of Thomas.I had details of Charlottes daughter and have the details of Amelia Marys christening with godparents.No I don't have thomas's baptism so if you see that I would really appreciate the details. Again thank you so much for looking for me.

Comment

Hi Glen,

Could you find a baptism for Zachariah Pusey b1815 in Burnham, parents Nathaniel Pusey and Mary (Newell).

Baptisms for any of his siblings would be good too.

Many thanks for the kind offer.
                                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wendy,

Noted - remember seeing his kid's baptisms but didn't go far enough back to notice if he was there.

Talking out the top of my head - I was looking in Colnbrook/Horton not Burnham.

Is your Zachariah related to Jac's Thomas?
                                      Last edited by Oakum Picker; 24-08-09, 21:01.
                                      Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen.

Could I be greedy and ask for Zachariah's children's baptisms as well? Thought I had them all but seems I haven't.
                                        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Glen,

Would you be able to look at the following marriage and get me a transcript please?
                                          Edward Arnold married Ann Ward 2th June 1789, Langley Marsh.

Also, the marriage of Edward Arnold to Ann in about 1824, probably in Eton but maybe in Langley Marsh.

Hope this is OK.

Thanks again,
                                          Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
                                          X